• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I’m calling it right now: Milana Vayntrub as Squirrel Girl is going to cause you a conflict so big, it’ll rip you apart.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m calling it right now: Milana Vayntrub as Squirrel Girl is going to cause you a conflict so big, it’ll rip you apart.
Nicole Kidman as Trinity will hit it out of the park.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Woah, The Boys looks like it might be good. Is that the one from Garth Ennis? If so, is it worth a read?

So I googled this and answered my questions! The Boys is indeed a Garth Ennis comic, and I’m reading it, and it’s good enough to recommend. It’s competently-written, kind of a fun, Watchmen Lite take on superheroes, full of nasty jokes, “shocking” sex and violence, and no real insight to speak of. Seems perfect for Amazon Prime, rather than HBO.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Holy ******* out-of-ideas, Batman.

epb

Reaction score
I doubt anyone ever described Raiders as a film about an archaeologist. I accuse you of creative make-believing.

That's your right as a citizen. My full description was "it's a movie about an archaeologist that's afraid of snakes." I was a master of the spoiler-free synopsis as a kid. The Terminator is about a robot that loses all his skin, you know.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Man, this reminds me: even the Indiana Jones franchise had its Me Too moment. Apparently, in plot development, Lucas suggested to Spielberg that Indy’s romance with Marion began when she was fourteen or fifteen. (She references it in the movie with a line like, “I was just a child!”). I think no one was supposed to buy the movie or something for a hot minute.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

This was a **** TV show, but at least it was original. It should have never been made into a movie, let alone two, both of which were ******* terrible and had zero redeeming qualities. That some asshole decided to inflict a reboot on the world, and then had the unmitigated gall to put Kristen Stewart in it, is undoubtedly a sign of the Apocalypse.

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Neil Gaiman's Sandman finally coming to the small screen. This seems like one of the harder adaptations to pull off. On the other hand, I haven't seen American Gods but heard it was pretty good. I don't love Good Omens, but people who liked the book seem to love the adaptation.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was so ******* bored reading American Gods. The show was more enjoyable, imo.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads