• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wait, aren’t those guys the cornerstone of Marvel? The original Avengers guys, FF, Spider-Man, X-Men...

Like WW, those guys have many generations of fans; I can’t see how that wouldn’t be a consideration.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Wait, aren’t those guys the cornerstone of Marvel? The original Avengers guys, FF, Spider-Man, X-Men...

For decades Spiderman and X-Men were the breadwinners for Marvel. The big titles were mutant and spider based.

I adore the FF and enjoy classic Avengers but they were always more "B" titles for Marvel from a pure economics point of view. They didn't bring in the big bucks like mutants and Spider-Man did.

That's why when Marvel was near bankruptcy they sold off the rights for Spider-Man and X-Men based films. Those were the hot properties. Studios were not fighting over Iron Man or Capt America at the time.

Keep in mind that I have always loved "B" tier characters in comics. So it's not meant as an insult. My favorite DC characters are Star Man (Jack Knight), The Shade, Sinestro, Black Adam and Captain Marvel aka Shazam.

But they are not flagships. And that's alright.
No hate Noob. I like your posts. :cheers:

Last edited:

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
No worries, maybe it’s a matter of terminology — they’re cornerstones, at least! They’re the oldest; the whole universe seems to hinge on them, the big events revolve around them, etc. Less so Spider-Man (though he’s my absolute favorite).

In other, way unrelated news, Deadpool 2 was fantastic, and I just found out comedian Brian Posehn (of Mr. Show fame) was a co-writer for an entire, well-received volume of that comic.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just saw Captain Marvel and in Mrs GF words, ‘I enjoyed it.’ Nuff said.

I enjoyed the reference to FF2 amongst others.But the Skrulls should be pitied as intergalactic victims? As a fan of Roy Thomas Kree-Skrull war FUBAR!

Session was full of women and girls.:slayer:

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saw it. Think it was a good movie, and plan on taking my 9-year old daughter to see it. Probably a 7 or 8 of 10. Thought the "You're just a human" montage of life events was good and inspiring, regardless of your race or gender.

Didn't particularly love Larson in the role, but I'm sure she'll have more movies to grow the character. Setup for Endgame was the best part tho.

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Cool. Sounds like it is a decent enough movie. Doesn't really seem that theater-worthy for me, but I might get a ticket if my daughter really wants to see it with me. Will definitely stream it it if i don't get to the theater.

MCU question. I saw Ant Man & the Wasp. Thought it was pretty good. My daughter really wanted to see it as she loved The Wasp from the animated series. She is right - The Wasp was one of the few female characters with an actual personality. That aside - is there any reason I should make an effort to see the first Ant Man. It seems I know all I need to from the second, plus Civil War.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So Marvel has been chillin for like 25 years flying around the universe and never came back to earth?

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Cool. Sounds like it is a decent enough movie. Doesn't really seem that theater-worthy for me, but I might get a ticket if my daughter really wants to see it with me. Will definitely stream it it if i don't get to the theater.

MCU question. I saw Ant Man & the Wasp. Thought it was pretty good. My daughter really wanted to see it as she loved The Wasp from the animated series. She is right - The Wasp was one of the few female characters with an actual personality. That aside - is there any reason I should make an effort to see the first Ant Man. It seems I know all I need to from the second, plus Civil War.

I rather enjoyed Ant-Man, both of them. You don’t need to see it but if you liked the sequel you might enjoy it.

Remember that Baskin-Robbins always finds out.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
- is there any reason I should make an effort to see the first Ant Man.
Not really, but it's a fun movie. I kinda like that both Ant Man movies are smaller in scope. A superhero movie doesn't always have to be about saving the world.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Flash S1- iris finds out about Barry

Flash S2- we can’t tell Patty (a legit police detective on the task force with knowledge and experience with meta humans) about Barry to protect her.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Feeling a little better about Genie

Got a slight feeling like this was the movie Hitch.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads