• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree (no sexist)

willy cheesesteak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this is true but there's a Captain Marvel leak going around that's pretty interesting with how the movie ties into Infinity War/Endgame.

“Carol is a fighter pilot with a **** wing-woman, they are shown doing stronk epic badass female **** in the first 2 minutes During her epic and very stronk training exercise over an unnamed US city, her wing-woman's radio goes silent and her plane drift's into Carol's, causing Carol to lose control and head towards the buildings Carol's plane is hit by a blast of energy out of nowhere Title reveal

"2 years later" Carol is stronk space woman, badass **** in space, training with Jude Law she goes on epic space mission, gets into fight with big alien who hits her with his sword, knocking her out memories start to flood, she goes back to basecamp with Jude and crew Annette Benning tells Carol shes from Earth and was experimented on to keep her alive in outer space, they found her one day, the memories she is having are from Earth and from her experiment that followed Carol gets pissed, tells Annette she wants to leave, is told she can go **** herself Carol gets over it, jams some ice up her **** and goes on a mission with Jude

mission gets ******, Jude is "killed," Skrulls are planning an invasion of multiple planets Carol tries to stop them from blasting off, gets locked in a ship bound for Earth Knocked out and locked in an energy cocoon, alien Ben Mendelson tells her shes going to watch from the moon as he destroys her homeworld, they jet off to Earth Carol waits until they get near Earth, breaks out, crash lands, etc. Cocoon has weakened her, she needs to recover as the Skrulls could kill her in her current state Meets Nick Fury, who was told to investigate her fight on the train where she de-rails and then re-rails an entire passenger car He believes her story, tells her SHIELD is a safe spot, brings her to base in desert Her pre-experiment memories get stronger She remembers being in the exact base they hide out at, finds missions with her old call-sign in them She theorizes that she was a SHIELD pilot in her previous life in the 1980s. Coulson tells her he has heard her callsign before too alien Ben Mendelson is now person Ben Mendelson, takes over SHIELD agent in charge of the desert sector they try to find him; do; he attacks them and "kills" Nick Fury Carol and Coulson take Nick back to secret base again, she heals him back to life

Skrulls are taking over key positions in world governments preparing to coordinate a nuclear holocaust in hopes of revealing the location of the Tesseract (here we ****ing go) Jude Law is alive, goes to Carol in desert as they are preparing to kill Ben Mendelson again Tells her to wait and they can use her powers to find the tesseract and end the invasion Nick tells him he thinks he knows where it is (he's lying) but they will go without Jude Law as it is in a super secure location Nick leaves with Coulson and perch up far away Jude Law tries to kill Carol, who kills him and gains back a majority of her powers from her anger Nick and Coulson tell Carol that a Skrull force is prepping on the other side of the moon with an entire army She goes to fight in space as they go to assassinate Ben Mendelson who is at the SHILED base Space fight against Skrull ship SHIELD fight with Nick and Coulson posing as rogue agents Carol returns to SHIELD fight after destroying Skrull ships in space, fights Ben Mendelson He reveals there are still a dozen Skrulls left, and she will never find them and that she doesn't know who she really is or when she is from on Earth He tells her that she and him are both from the future, and they were both transported to the past from Thanos' snap Ben Mendelson knows that the space stone is on Earth, and worked to form a Skrull force to go to Earth to find it, to prevent Thanos from snapping in 25 years He proves it by giving her the other half of her dog-tag Dies

Coulson and Nick look up Carol's information and find that she is currently a 7 year old living in America They go to where young Carol lives, find her and family happy Adult Carol realizes she is a risk to her own existence, tells Nick she can't stay on Earth to hunt the remaining Skrulls She chooses to leave and that Nick must contact her when the snap happens so that she may come back to Earth She steals a Skrull ship, cocoons herself, and sets coordinates for a mystery location Couslon and Nick start orangainzing a Skrull hit list of likely Skrull targets with thousands of pictures in front of them Nick does not lose eye in movie

Post Credits Nick is working on Skrull hit list with a few names crossed off Ancient One walks into his office with normal clothes Tells him that Carol's story was true, and that Thanos is coming, but if he deviates from "this plan" Thanos will succeed She hands him a folder titled the Avengers Initiative with pictures of 90s version of Tony and Bruce, old pictures of Cap and a drawing of Thor”

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/capt...ts-including-secret-invasion-and-more-a165685

https://www.cbr.com/samuel-l-jackson-says-captain-marvel-time-travel/

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Not sure if this is true but there's a Captain Marvel leak going around that's pretty interesting with how the movie ties into Infinity War/Endgame.

“Carol is a fighter pilot with a **** wing-woman, they are shown doing stronk epic badass female **** in the first 2 minutes During her epic and very stronk training exercise over an unnamed US city, her wing-woman's radio goes silent and her plane drift's into Carol's, causing Carol to lose control and head towards the buildings Carol's plane is hit by a blast of energy out of nowhere Title reveal

"2 years later" Carol is stronk space woman, badass **** in space, training with Jude Law she goes on epic space mission, gets into fight with big alien who hits her with his sword, knocking her out memories start to flood, she goes back to basecamp with Jude and crew Annette Benning tells Carol shes from Earth and was experimented on to keep her alive in outer space, they found her one day, the memories she is having are from Earth and from her experiment that followed Carol gets pissed, tells Annette she wants to leave, is told she can go **** herself Carol gets over it, jams some ice up her **** and goes on a mission with Jude

mission gets ******, Jude is "killed," Skrulls are planning an invasion of multiple planets Carol tries to stop them from blasting off, gets locked in a ship bound for Earth Knocked out and locked in an energy cocoon, alien Ben Mendelson tells her shes going to watch from the moon as he destroys her homeworld, they jet off to Earth Carol waits until they get near Earth, breaks out, crash lands, etc. Cocoon has weakened her, she needs to recover as the Skrulls could kill her in her current state Meets Nick Fury, who was told to investigate her fight on the train where she de-rails and then re-rails an entire passenger car He believes her story, tells her SHIELD is a safe spot, brings her to base in desert Her pre-experiment memories get stronger She remembers being in the exact base they hide out at, finds missions with her old call-sign in them She theorizes that she was a SHIELD pilot in her previous life in the 1980s. Coulson tells her he has heard her callsign before too alien Ben Mendelson is now person Ben Mendelson, takes over SHIELD agent in charge of the desert sector they try to find him; do; he attacks them and "kills" Nick Fury Carol and Coulson take Nick back to secret base again, she heals him back to life

Skrulls are taking over key positions in world governments preparing to coordinate a nuclear holocaust in hopes of revealing the location of the Tesseract (here we ****ing go) Jude Law is alive, goes to Carol in desert as they are preparing to kill Ben Mendelson again Tells her to wait and they can use her powers to find the tesseract and end the invasion Nick tells him he thinks he knows where it is (he's lying) but they will go without Jude Law as it is in a super secure location Nick leaves with Coulson and perch up far away Jude Law tries to kill Carol, who kills him and gains back a majority of her powers from her anger Nick and Coulson tell Carol that a Skrull force is prepping on the other side of the moon with an entire army She goes to fight in space as they go to assassinate Ben Mendelson who is at the SHILED base Space fight against Skrull ship SHIELD fight with Nick and Coulson posing as rogue agents Carol returns to SHIELD fight after destroying Skrull ships in space, fights Ben Mendelson He reveals there are still a dozen Skrulls left, and she will never find them and that she doesn't know who she really is or when she is from on Earth He tells her that she and him are both from the future, and they were both transported to the past from Thanos' snap Ben Mendelson knows that the space stone is on Earth, and worked to form a Skrull force to go to Earth to find it, to prevent Thanos from snapping in 25 years He proves it by giving her the other half of her dog-tag Dies

Coulson and Nick look up Carol's information and find that she is currently a 7 year old living in America They go to where young Carol lives, find her and family happy Adult Carol realizes she is a risk to her own existence, tells Nick she can't stay on Earth to hunt the remaining Skrulls She chooses to leave and that Nick must contact her when the snap happens so that she may come back to Earth She steals a Skrull ship, cocoons herself, and sets coordinates for a mystery location Couslon and Nick start orangainzing a Skrull hit list of likely Skrull targets with thousands of pictures in front of them Nick does not lose eye in movie

Post Credits Nick is working on Skrull hit list with a few names crossed off Ancient One walks into his office with normal clothes Tells him that Carol's story was true, and that Thanos is coming, but if he deviates from "this plan" Thanos will succeed She hands him a folder titled the Avengers Initiative with pictures of 90s version of Tony and Bruce, old pictures of Cap and a drawing of Thor”

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/capt...ts-including-secret-invasion-and-more-a165685

https://www.cbr.com/samuel-l-jackson-says-captain-marvel-time-travel/

Oh God.
Please tell me they are not setting up a Secret Invasion crossover as rumored. Cause that leak sure sounds like it. :(

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Oh God.
Please tell me they are not setting up a Secret Invasion crossover as rumored. Cause that leak sure sounds like it. :(

So I only read the spoilers up to the title card, but...

What’s the objection to a Secret Invasion movie? Spider Woman could be cool, and the Skrulls didn’t look awful in the trailer. I could see it being OK with kind of a Captain America II tone.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We're on, what, like Phase 4 or 5 now? Secret Invasion becomes Phase 6-8 or so.

But that summary sounds ok.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
So I only read the spoilers up to the title card, but...

What’s the objection to a Secret Invasion movie? Spider Woman could be cool, and the Skrulls didn’t look awful in the trailer. I could see it being OK with kind of a Captain America II tone.

Because Secet Invasion would just be a dumb excuse for Marvel to craft a story around heroes punching other heroes. I’d much rather them explore other villains from the enormous vault of stories they have built up over the years.

Having Hulk punch Winter Soldier who turns out to secretly be a Skull isn’t all that interesting.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Because Secet Invasion would just be a dumb excuse for Marvel to craft a story around heroes punching other heroes. I’d much rather them explore other villains from the enormous vault of stories they have built up over the years.

Having Hulk punch Winter Soldier who turns out to secretly be a Skull isn’t all that interesting.

Huh. Yeah, that does sound lame. I don’t remember much of that from the comics ( I read it years ago). I was thinking more slow-burn suspense as things slowly come unglued from the inside, with plenty of tense side-street meetups between Nick Fury and Jessica Drew. :happy:

Last edited:

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Huh. Yeah, that does sound lame. I don’t remember much of that from the comics ( I read it years ago). I was thinking more slow-burn suspense as things slowly come unglued from the inside, with plenty of tense side-street meetups between Nick Fury and Jessica Drew. :happy:

Much like Civil War, I wouldn’t expect a Secret Invasion movie to follow the comics all that closely. Also like Civil War that could end up being a good thing.

Having said that you are crazy if you think Marvel wouldn’t use this as an opportunity for some major hero vs hero action. They know how much the public liked the airport set piece in Civil War and they will want to deliver more.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think I’m also a bit of a purist and wish they had saved the Skrulls for the Fantastic Four. They are a classic villain for the team and it’s a bit disappointing seeing them get used without them around. :)

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I’m also a bit of a purist and wish they had saved the Skrulls for the Fantastic Four. They are a classic villain for the team and it’s a bit disappointing seeing them get used without them around. :)
I was (still am) a big fan of the Avengers Kree Skrull war series.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
How crazy is it that Aquaman has made over a billion dollars so far. Aquaman. :)

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw the new Spiderman movie and I loved it. Better than any other Spiderman movie I have seen (or perhaps remember?).

Last edited:

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How crazy is it that Aquaman has made over a billion dollars so far. Aquaman. :)
I think the lesson here, after the success of Wonder Woman and Aquaman, is that people enjoy watching DC movies- as long as Zach Snyder isn't the one making them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads