• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My only issue with it isn’t really a spoiler. Why do they keep changing the faces of the Predators? The original look is fairly iconic. Yet each movie they keep messing around with them for a more exaggerated look. It feels like change for the sake of change.
Sell more toys!

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Keep thinking about Sandman. What a wonderful adaptation. I honestly never thought they would pull it off. Episode six was the season’s GOAT. Watched it three times.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve only gotten through episode 3 so far. I can’t dedicate the time to watch all 10 in one sitting

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I’ve only gotten through episode 3 so far. I can’t dedicate the time to watch all 10 in one sitting

I guess some of us have less of a life.:-D

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Well deserved.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got done with the Hell episode...
The hellscape effects were hell-tastic.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Haven't read the comics, so didn't know it was supposed to be John rather than Johanna.

Also, was the comment about her exes being 'Sara and Oliver' a callout to Arrow?

So “John” is barely in the comic series. I'm assuming the same will hold true for the tv show's modern Johanna too.

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Just got done with the Hell episode...
The hellscape effects were hell-tastic.
I liked the Hell episode a lot, though Gwendolyn Christie has turned out to be the one casting flop in my opinion. The series on the whole is excellent. I look forward to watching it again.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I liked the Hell episode a lot, though Gwendolyn Christie has turned out to be the one casting flop in my opinion. The series on the whole is excellent. I look forward to watching it again.

Yeah she was a miss for me. Almost all the others are great.

Desire is spot on. The Corinthian is ******* perfect.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I thought Gwendolyn Christie was an interesting choice for Lucifer that ended up working out better than I thought it would.

The girl they cast as Death nailed it, but I wish they leaned into the goth look for her. Sandman’s Death is a goth icon and it really would only take some tweaks to her makeup and wardrobe.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't read the comics, so it was pretty cool that I learned from reading an interview with Gaiman that Morpheus' look is based on Peter Murphy in his Bauhaus days.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I thought Gwendolyn Christie was an interesting choice for Lucifer that ended up working out better than I thought it would.

The girl they cast as Death nailed it, but I wish they leaned into the goth look for her. Sandman’s Death is a goth icon and it really would only take some tweaks to her makeup and wardrobe.

The Goth thing in the graphic novels was a bit on the nose, I'm ok with them revising it. She got the attitude right and that's really what matters.

I haven't read the comics, so it was pretty cool that I learned from reading an interview with Gaiman that Morpheus' look is based on Peter Murphy in his Bauhaus days.

And Lucifer was David Bowie. Which...good luck with that. Gwendolyn Christie is as good a try as anyone I guess.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics