• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Jesus Christ. I'm usually pretty open to new properties being given a chance, but who wants this? I don't get it. Feels like a cynical ploy on Sony's part to milk every Spiderman-related character they can.

EDIT: I mean it clearly is. At one point Sony was developing a young Aunt May spin-off about her being a secret agent. They have no shame and should focus on the Into the Spiderverse films. That franchise deserves all the love.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jesus Christ. I'm usually pretty open to new properties being given a chance, but who wants this? I don't get it. Feels like a cynical ploy on Sony's part to milk every Spiderman-related character they can.

EDIT: I mean it clearly is. At one point Sony was developing a young Aunt May spin-off about her being a secret agent. They have no shame and should focus on the Into the Spiderverse films. That franchise deserves all the love.
Is Sony still required to churn out Spiderman related movies or else lose it to Marvel?

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wonder if this will be any good, and if I'm still the target market 26 years after I started reading the series.

I don't like the casting, but that's pretty much every recent book adaptation.
There's not enough female hotness. The Aes Sadai are all supposed to be relatively good looking with ageless faces.
Example, whomever that is that's cast as Siuan Sanche is rough looking.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I wonder if this will be any good, and if I'm still the target market 26 years after I started reading the series.

I wonder how Wheel of Time is going to be received in a post Game of Thrones world. WoT is the rigidly trope-y kind of fantasy that prompted GRRM to "subvert expectations."

Last edited:

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wonder how Wheel of Time is going to be received in a post Game of Thrones world. WoT is the rigidly trope-y kind of fantasy that prompted GRRM to "subvert expectations."
Combined with superhero/action movie cliche lines it will be a difficult pill to swallow. Perhaps that's just the trailer.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I mean, Into the Spiderverse (and the zillion Spider-Man comics) were itself an attempt to milk audiences for every last Spider-Man dollar. The movie just happened to be good.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The first two Tom Holland Spiderman movies were good, so I'm hopeful for this one. And I can't wait for Into The Spider-Verse 2.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I mean, Into the Spiderverse (and the zillion Spider-Man comics) were itself an attempt to milk audiences for every last Spider-Man dollar. The movie just happened to be good.
There still doing the same thing with the X Men comic although Hickman is doing a good job wrapping up his time on the title with the current Inferno run.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads