• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
DC really clickbaited the hell out of the “bi Superman” story knowing it would get buzz. It’s been fun watching people freak out to the headlines not realizing it’s not Clark. :laugh:

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When are any of the Superman characters going to hit up a Waffle House?

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
When are any of the Superman characters going to hit up a Waffle House?

Technically Superman is an alien so any relationship he gets into is crossing species. Exophillia?

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It’s Clark Kent’s son Jonathan Kent. It’s not the main Superman even if he’s temporarily taken up the mantle. You still get to have the straight male Superman you grew up with. He’s not going anywhere.

I don’t have a problem with it. If they are going to branch out and be more inclusive, using legacy characters is a great way to do it.

Think Miles. He’s an African American Spider-Man, but they kept Peter Parker around too.
DC is not my religion…I get the “inclusivity thing“ but I just wonder how this is going to go down in the heartlands seeing Superman is Bi and no longer for “ truth justice & the American Way”..probably they will blame Biden.:eek2:

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
DC is not my religion…I get the “inclusivity thing“ but I just wonder how this is going to go down in the heartlands seeing Superman is Bi and no longer for “ truth justice & the American Way”..probably they will blame Biden.:eek2:

Wait till they find out DC has a gender fluid version of the FLASH running around too. :laugh:

I’m not sure the “American Way” thing was needed, but it’s just a motto. It makes sense when you realize that when Superman was originally created the “American Way” still involved Jim Crow laws…

They shortened JLA to JL years ago for more international appeal.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I never got the fluid sexuality thing, as it seems to align with the Republican view that orientation can change, and is malleable.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I can see Cucker Carlson losing his **** soon.

I happened to turn it on after it was announced they’d be deleting the Raiders coach from Madden Football games. Tucker was losing his ****. It was glorious.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
The "Truth, Justice and the American way!" slogan isn't from the comic originally anyway. It came from the radio show that was produced during WW II.

It's actually kind of antithetical to the original spirit of Superman to be so jingoistic, and I kind of doubt that Schuster and Siegel would ever have used it if they'd continued to be involved with the character.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The "Truth, Justice and the American way!" slogan isn't from the comic originally anyway. It came from the radio show that was produced during WW II.

It's actually kind of antithetical to the original spirit of Superman to be so jingoistic, and I kind of doubt that Schuster and Siegel would ever have used it if they'd continued to be involved with the character.
Not that I watched it much but didn’t the end of George Reeves Superman where he stood with the flag billowing behind him with that voice over…I was more of a Phantom Agents, Shintaro The Samurai kid…then The Bat came to TV.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Not that I watched it much but didn’t the end of George Reeves Superman where he stood with the flag billowing behind him with that voice over…I was more of a Phantom Agents, Shintaro The Samurai kid…then The Bat came to TV.
Also not the comic.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
:rolleyes:

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Good lord, does The Batman look bad…

I thought I was watching another doofy preview for The CW before I realized that dinky chin belonged to Robert Pattinson.

Why, people…

Why!
Emo Batman.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads