• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Another dark, gritty Batman with recycled to death villains.
I MIGHT watch when it's on HBO or something.
K-Stew as Catwoman may have interested me.

How are Riddler and Penguin “recycled to death?” We’ve seen then both in one film each. I’d argue they are actually brave choices because you know WB was pushing to have the main villain be the Joker.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How are Riddler and Penguin “recycled to death?” We’ve seen then both in one film each. I’d argue they are actually brave choices because you know WB was pushing to have the main villain be the Joker.
Comics, tv, movies...
There are more villains out there than this exclusive list. It's the height of lack of creativity.
Change it up.
This is a re-tread movie that no one asked for.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I don’t know, I was a massive Batman fan in eight grade. A movie could excite me; this one just looks like a bad CW show to me…

Is it actually based on the Year One/Year Two books? That would be something…

What’s TAS?

Film is supposed to be influenced by The Long Halloween. The director has said he didn’t want to do another origin film and went for a “year two” film where Batman was still somewhat raw but not just first putting on his costume.

The Animated Series.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The villains are just so goofy and call to mind the abominable camp of the television show.

Smaller details like the awful ctrl/Alt/spooky font used by the villain in the trailer are just ugh…

I’d like to see something more basic and original, focusing on the detective aspect, which is always ignored.

Last edited:

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Comics, tv, movies...
There are more villains out there than this exclusive list. It's the height of lack of creativity.
Change it up.
This is a re-tread movie that no one asked for.

Eh. TV and comics don’t really count when discussing movie villians. Even if they did, both have also over done Joker stories over the years. Hell people complain about the Joker showing up in Batman’s comics all the time.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Eh. TV and comics don’t really count when discussing movie villians. Even if they did, both have also over done Joker stories over the years. Hell people complain about the Joker showing up in Batman’s comics all the time.
Well, you're original response conveniently left out Catwoman, which by the trailers seems to be the main focus.
This movie will lose money.
All the Twilight geeks have grown up or passed away due to diabetes and don't care anymore.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I’d like to see something more basic and original, focusing on the detective aspect, which is always ignored.

I’m not going to get into a long argument of the merits of an unreleased film based on a trailer but I’d ask you to look into the movie before jumping to conclusions. They’ve said it’s going to lean heavily into the detective aspect of the character. Something we haven’t really seen on the big screen before.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, I thought I remembered reading that, which is why I was mildly intrigued.

Also, I’m not trying to be combative, just musing on the Batman movies! I’d like to see a good one.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The trailer looks ok to me, and maybe it will be a decent movie, but Robert Pattinson is a hell of a handicap to get past.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh Superman…this I don’t understand either from a marketing perspective or gender analysis..I do acknowledge this to be the weirdest thing I’ve woken up to in a Monday morning news feed in a looooong time.

Definitely we’re not in Kansas anymoreo_O

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is that Clark Kent or some other person that became Superman (as the kids do these days)?

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Oh Superman…this I don’t understand either from a marketing perspective or gender analysis..I do acknowledge this to be the weirdest thing I’ve woken up to in a Monday morning news feed in a looooong time.

Definitely we’re not in Kansas anymoreo_O

It’s Clark Kent’s son Jonathan Kent. It’s not the main Superman even if he’s temporarily taken up the mantle. You still get to have the straight male Superman you grew up with. He’s not going anywhere.

I don’t have a problem with it. If they are going to branch out and be more inclusive, using legacy characters is a great way to do it.

Think Miles. He’s an African American Spider-Man, but they kept Peter Parker around too.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just wish they’d keep the good writers around. I was all about Mikes Morales ‘til Bendis jumped ship and went to DC. :(

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
DC has a Chinese Superman too, but I don’t think they have done much with him recently.

C79A33B6-B22B-40AE-A9A0-7FC01407F41B.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads