• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Now this could be deliciously stupid:crackup:

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I’ve enjoyed the new Ghostbusters trailers and want it to work. I just can’t wrap my head around the decision to have it take place in a small town. NYC was a character in Ghostbusters 1 & 2 just as much as any of the original actors. Having it not take place in NYC just feels off.
NYC shouldn't have a monopoly on ghosts

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I’ve enjoyed the new Ghostbusters trailers and want it to work. I just can’t wrap my head around the decision to have it take place in a small town.
Gives new meaning to "fly over" country, doesn't it?

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
228101979_10159434303679525_6656113718274123372_n.jpg

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
So is everyone going to die in most of these What If stories? That’s what I remember about the What If comics I read as a kid. The writers loved killing off as many heroes as they could. You could tell they were having fun with the freedom they provided.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wasn’t a fan of Ep1 of ‘what if?’. Everything seemed rushed - should have either been a full hour, or needed serious plot editing.

wklq76a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wasn’t a fan of Ep1 of ‘what if?’. Everything seemed rushed - should have either been a full hour, or needed serious plot editing.

Yeah I feel like it's been too long since I saw the original Captain America movie to appreciate all the callbacks in Ep1. The animation is good, and I appreciate that they can do things that they can't in live action, but it loses some of the connectedness to the live action MCU that I've gotten attached to. I never really watched Clone Wars / Bad Batch in the Star Wars universe for the same reason.

I'll keep watching, since all the other MCU series grew on me over time, but I'm not expecting great things. My understanding is that each episode is largely self-contained, so it won't have the plot development that Wandavision/Falcon Winter Soldier/Loki did.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
"What If" by its very nature are stories about self-contained alternate realities. You really shouldn't go into this show expecting them to be directly connected to each other or the mainline MCU. Each will be their own thing, which is fine. The original What If comics did the same and produced some enjoyable reads.

That's not to say they couldn't do some kind of reality crossover event building on all the stories told and have the realities crossover into each other and the main MCU, but that's a different thing.

I really enjoyed the first episode of What If. Fantastic animation and direction. Could it have been longer? Sure, but they made the most of the time they had and told a good story. I went into it not expecting much and was happy with what we got.

EDIT: I could see this series playing out like Anthology Horror. Not everyone is going to appreciate every story/episode, but there should be enough variety that there will end up being something that pleases you.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics