• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s Marvel so fanbois will forgive anything they do because they produced enough good **** to overlook the bad.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It’s Marvel so fanbois will forgive anything they do because they produced enough good **** to overlook the bad.

I've got zero issue with that. I just wish the same people wouldn't get so worked up on these "issues" when they don't like the direction of the narrative being told.

Cough cough TLJ...

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
If you compare which franchise is worst at its worst, MCU comes out pretty well.

MCU doesn’t have anything like the Star Wars Prequel Trilogy, for example, or Star Trek: Enterprise.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I thought it was widely accepted Wanda was one of the most powerful avengers (maybe moreso than thor)... She went toe to toe with Thanos.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is why you don't do dork **** like read. I haven't read a comic since I started banging at 10, and have no complaints.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I thought it was widely accepted Wanda was one of the most powerful avengers (maybe moreso than thor)... She went toe to toe with Thanos.

In the MCU movies? Wut? She's basically shot energy beams and moved a few heavy objects. Hardly been a heavy hitter. Nothing like these reality morphing magic powers we see now.

This is fine. It's the same with the comics. For decades she didn't do much with her hex powers other then zap bad guys. Then one day a writter got creative and did fun things with her. She was able to remove the powers of most of the mutant race with a couple words because a writter liked the idea.

None of this is bad. I just find it hilarious how triggered fans get in some sci fi properties over changes like this while never complaining in others. ?‍♂️

Last edited:

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
In the MCU movies? Wut? She's basically shot energy beams and moved a few heavy objects. Hardly been a heavy hitter. Nothing like these reality morphing magic powers we see now.

This is fine. It's the same with the comics. For decades she didn't do much with her hex powers other then zap bad guys. Then one day a writter got creative and did fun things with her. She was able to remove the powers of most of the mutant race with a couple words because a writter liked the idea.

None of this is bad. I just find it hilarious how triggered fans get in some sci fi properties over changes like this while never complaining in others. ?‍♂️
Avengers Infinity Gauntlet ending fight she did more damage than anyone but Thor.

Endgame vs Thanos she did better than anyone else- making Thanos call an orbital bombardment just to distract her.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Avengers Infinity Gauntlet ending fight she did more damage than anyone but Thor.

Endgame vs Thanos she did better than anyone else- making Thanos call an orbital bombardment just to distract her.

If you are trying to argue that the power levels she is showing in WandaVision are in line with what she's shown in the movies maybe you should sit down with the show's writters.

They called out in an earlier episode that she's never shown these kind of powers before. The latest episode was all about "why" she suddenly has these reality morphing powers. The whole show is there to expain away that she had these crazy God level powers all along. It's a giant retcon of her powers in the MCU.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Banging your dog at 10 doesn’t count

Who said it was mine?

bbcf05490a1599e25e23d693fadd9cbcb356399d065c0ad2793a570a7c9a0b40.0.png

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do you call a dog with wings?

Linda McCartney

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MCU doesn’t have anything like the Star Wars Prequel Trilogy, for example, or Star Trek: Enterprise.
Quiet they may be listening...1940’s Submariner and the Human Torch. 1950’s CA made something of a come back...wait I hear cash registers ringing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads