• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
This looks batshit insane, absurd and dumb fun. :lol:

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm a fan of the Discworld books in general, and I especially love the ones focused on the Night Watch.

This does not look good.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

OMG!!! ?

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Did anyone watch 'His Dark Materials'? I watched the first few episodes and it was slow- does it get better?

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Watched the premiere of Picard again. I think I enjoyed it even more on a second viewing. Got much more of a TNG vibe from it. Even if the action stuff felt a little too modern. Looking forward to the whole season. Luckily I’m piggybacking off my parents’ account and won’t have to pay for the service.

I'm only just watching it now on DVD, and it is really very good indeed. It's like the better bits of TNG and DS9 put together with an added cyberpunk feel to it. Corruption, sleeze and spies everywhere, the Federation feeling like it's falling apart... and Patrick Stewart seems to be really enjoying himself. The Nepenthe episode was excellent but it's all been good. I really hope they do a second series because it's better than anything else Star Trek for quite a while.

And then I made the mistake of reading the 'fan' reviews on IMDB, and wow, are there some numbnuts out there. The reviews seem dominated by people who seem to think that this should have been exactly like TNG - but not the real TNG, some weird imaginary TNG that wasn't 'politically correct' (oh, they hate that). Seems like fan reviews are just the place where reactionary people who think they aren't political go to do politics (or they're just narked because they didn't get to see 7 of 9's ****). Anyway, I won't bother going there again!

Last edited:

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Started to watch Next last night first couple of episodes quite solid. Interesting premise will be interesting to see how it progresses.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wait, why did no one tell me that was an option!?!

Only for Raffi, it seems, having just watched the last episodes. Maybe that's why they're pissed.

Anyway, the ending didn't live up to the build up, although the very last episode (10) was much better than the preceding two, especially with Picard's impending demise was handled - although I saw it coming a mile off, but not the Data part. I guess it was amusing that they managed to make the Synth settlement look like a 1980s college campus in a nod back to how all alien civilizations seemed to look in TNG, but really it was a bit of a let down when they finally found the place in episode 9, and Episode 8 was almost pure filler.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only for Raffi, it seems
Yeah, this guy *****.
319HP2NXKGL.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics