Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc... FILM THREAD

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Feb 4, 2014.

1. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Only explanation is....

he's Batman

2. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Oh, and how will Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Cyborg figure in to this whole thing? What's the over/under of them appearing strictly post-credits? :lurk:

3. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Wonder Woman will have more than a cameo, she shot a few scenes though not sure if we see her fight, maybe in the end of the threat is big enough? Doomsday? Brainiac infested Lex?

Cyborg might appear in StarLabs before he is turned into a, well, Cyborg. lol He might experience an accident or get hurt by the big battle in the end that turns him into what he will eventually become.

Aquaman will likely be a short cameo, likely post credit just to show his existence. There might be easter eggs of him being mentioned during the film, kind of like Killer Croc being mentioned in Nolans film where they mention crocodiles in the sewer of Gotham.

4. Neo_Version 7

Really hoping WW shows off some of her skills to tease for her movie but I'm guessing she'll stay in plainsclothes to not steal focus away from Bats and Supes. :(

5. Lionheart Biker

Lionheart Biker Senior member

Are they gonna use Kryptonite to make Bats vs Sups a fair fight?? I like the idea of them fighting in part but it´s also SO ridiculous. He could kill him using just his pinky finger.

6. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

God, this comment just killed any remaining enthusiasm I could try to muster for the film, or the characters, or the inevitable franchise. It's like they took the shittiest of characters -- each a dead weight -- and put them in squarely in the hands of the hackiest writers, to be sold to an audience who's long outgrown the purpose of each. (Remember Superman? The *edgy* *angsty* Superman? Who was also the 'muhrican Jesus? You would have thought be was plastic man, the way they stretched him about...) But together! With Ben Affleck, who's never been good outside playing himself (a tall, but slightly stupid and misguided man, who's also handsome) and should *never* be forgiven for Daredevil? No, sir! No! No, I say! It's to much.

The comics, they've already run into the ground, white and bloodless from the sheer anfractuous twistings around so many stupid 'events'. No one cares. Don't get why they feel these movies are a sound investment, beyond 'Marvel made it work'.

For my money, the only thing that might be interesting is some kind of moody indie that brings to the surface all the barely latent S&M stuff from the Wonder Woman books. :facepalm:

Otherwise: Affleck. FML. :fu:

Last edited: Apr 18, 2015
  7. Neo_Version 7

Tell us how you really feel. :teach:

8. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

Pardon the outburst. I mean: Affleck. As Batman. It feels as though they are taking a shit on our youths.

I'm going to try and keep it positive. I hear Azzarello, a magician, was able to do okay-ish things with both Superman and Wonder Woman.

9. Neo_Version 7

Oh, yeah. I was opposed to his casting way, way back in the thread and still am. But we all have to make peace at some point :p

10. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    The problems with Daredevil never centered around Affleck. The script was a mess.

I'm going to repeat what I've said here before. If this movie blows it won't be because of the main casting.

11. grundletaint

grundletaint Senior member

I think he will be fine as long as he stays in the suit. I'm not very optimistic about the Bruce Wayne aspect.

Ben Affleck is Batman. Say that out loud. It just sounds ridiculous. I would have less of a problem with Michael Cera playing Wonder Woman.

Gigli.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2015
  12. Jr Mouse

Yeah it's going to be hard to see Bruce Wayne and not Affleck when he's on screen. Still I think he's proven himself to be a decent actor over the years. In going to give his performance a benefit of a doubt.

13. Neo_Version 7

I'm really really really hoping this to be the case but this is Hollywood. No way they are keeping his mug under that mask. Even Ryan Reynolds is going to be showing his handsome face with burn scars in the Deadpool movie.

14. Jr Mouse

Teaser already showed him without the mask.

15. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member