Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc... FILM THREAD

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Feb 4, 2014.

1. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

HD BvS Teaser Trailer officially released:

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Snyder tweets:

Last edited: Apr 17, 2015

2. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    I'm going to put out a theory a friend and I have about this film. The Batman and Superman fighting stuff will be very early on in the film. They will meet and have a brawl and that will really be about it. The teaser is making it feel like the focus of the film, but I seriously doubt it will be.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2015

3. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

^ You talking something along the lines of what Whedon did with Thor vs. Iron Man vs Cap in Avengers? Something a little longer, maybe? If so, it's definitely a possibility. I don't see how it would be beneficial for WB to have their marquee good guys fighting one another the entire movie. It goes against what the general audience knows about these two characters.

4. Jr Mouse

It's a common trope to have these characters fight each other when they first meet. The animated versions did it. Same with the New 52. They fight, then start working together.

5. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

If I were to guess, I'd say it'll build up the fight for at least half of the film and then go bro-mates afterwards. First part is going to be Superman getting trashed by the media/people/Lex and then Bats finding a reason to fight Supes or vice versa. There's going to be plotting and scheming to get the two to fight.

I can't see them going at it on the first act. I mean they could probably open the film with them beating on each other already, a good battle for a minute or two and then they do the flashback kind of thing on how it ended up there but I just don't see them coming to blows so early. Plus Goyer isn't doing the writing on this one anymore so I think just for that reason alone the film is already 10x better for it.

6. Jr Mouse

Well I consider "first act" to be more then the opening of a film. You could still have some build up and have it still be the first part of the movie that leads into the overall narrative.

7. Neo_Version 7

If it's going by your standard blockbuster blueprint that's being used, the big Batman v. Superman fight should happen 60-70 minutes in.

Loki attacking the Avengers Helipad = 72 minutes in
    Joker's attack on Dent's police convoy culminating in his face-off with Bats = 73 minutes in
    Ronan's first battle with the Guardians on Knowhere = 61 minutes in

Speaking of, has the official running time for the film been released?

8. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Nah, it's still about 11 months away and they are probably still editing and adding cgi and stuff to the film.

9. Jr Mouse

That's going under the assumption that the Bat vs Sup fight is the center point of the film. We don't know that yet.

10. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I think it's certainly a selling point and I do think they will emphasize on it. This is still a JL prequel so they really do not need to get with the bromance til towards the end. But it really is all speculaltion because the teaser was a big vague as expected.

It's fun watching all the breakdowns for the teaser though, like someone pointed out that in almost every shot with Supes in it, he was elevated over others all the time giving that god-like imagery which is what they are really playing off in the vid, didn't really think of it that way.

11. Neo_Version 7

True. But something big has to happen around that time mark and it's either both Bats & Supes fighting off a common evil or both of them fighting each other. I'm just leaning more towards the latter. After the fight, they'll go into that "We're BOTH good guys.....you're not so bad after all.." dialogue.

Like RFX mentioned, it seems kinda odd that they'll be buddies within 60 minutes when the Avengers couldn't get their shit together until the battle at NY. But hey, it's fun to speculate! It's only like a year away. :fu:

12. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Since we are speculating, in the teaser when the batwing attacks those criminals and practically obliterates them, I can see it being controlled by Lex and that is one of the reason Supes confronts Bats. Then Lex probably also has a plan to set off Bats to thinking he has to confront Supes too.

By the way, I watched this trailer on a 65" UHD TV and damn is all i got to say. I just looks so much better and the scene where Bats is looking up in his TDKR armor just looks so great in clear HD detail. It really make me want to visit the 2 minute screening just to see it on the IMAX screen.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Imagery and visuals is one thing that Snyder does best though so the film will look great no matter what and the big battles, man.

[​IMG]

Also, Supes suit seems lighter too, which is good.
    [​IMG]

13. Neo_Version 7

Everything looks absolutely beautiful but am I the only one that finds that shot of Batman atop the building kinda awkward? :lol:

14. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Pretty cool with the rifle but yeah it seems like a hassle to go up top of a building/tower like that just to check out the city. lol

15. Texasmade

Texasmade Senior member

At that height on top of a building, wouldn't it be windy as shit to just stand there holding a rifle without something anchoring you down.