• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Getting all emotional here, but that could have been one of my favorite Smallville scenes, ever. Still remember the first time seeing that.

There are people who actually get emotional over memories of Smallville? :tounge:

Lionheart Biker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Captain America: The winter soldier doing great in reviews. I sorta knew it would. I loved the look of the first and it looks like they nailed it with this one. Hope Spidey 2 does is as good as this, since he´s my favourite superhero.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Eh, everyone raved about IM3 too and it was one of the worst Marvel films to date. I'll wait and judge myself.

On another news...

According to BoxOffice.com, Fox has scheduled an untitled solo Wolverine film for March 3, 2017. This will James Mangold's follow up to The Wolverine which he tweeted, "I'm shooting the next Wolverine after X-Men: Apocalypse (May 27, 2016)." Hugh Jackman is expected to reprise his role.

While Josh Trank's Fantastic Four, which will star Michael B. Jordan as Johnny Storm (aka the Human Torch), Kate Mara as Sue Storm (aka the Invisible Woman), Miles Teller as Reed Richards (aka Mr. Fantastic) and Jamie Bell as Ben Grimm (The Thing), doesn't hit theaters until June 19, 2015, Fox already is planning the film's sequel. They plan to release Fantastic Four 2 on July 14, 2017.

Fox announced that an untitled Fox/Marvel film will be released on July 13, 2018.

Additionally, Fox decided to push up Matthew Vaughn's The Secret Service to October 24, 2014, from March 6, 2015. Their Frankenstein film, that will star Daniel Radcliffe, was moved from January 16, 2015, to October 2, 2015.

DofP - May 23, 2014
F4 I - June 19, 2015
XMen: Apocalypse - May 27, 2016
Wolverine II - March 3, 2017
F4 II - July 14, 2017
Unnamed Fox/Marvel - July 13, 2018

I like it that Fox is finally planning it all out, DofP just needs to straighten everything out. For the unnamed film, it could only be Deadpool or XForce, right? Unless it is a third XMen film since the Apocalypse film is being called an "in-between-quel" whatever that hell that means.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Deadpool is corny. XForce could work. But it would make sense for them to do a Fantastic Four // X-Men team-up, right? Fox owns both properties anyway and has a hard-on for Marvel/Disney's approach to crossover movies

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
At this point, they can certainly mash-up XMen and F4 and I think that has been brought up by someone at Fox too. It's a possibility to give Galactus some justice, who cares if the Avengers aren't there to help, F4 and XMen should be fine and badass.

I'm just not sure yet if they can pull it off. Going to have to see how DofP turns out and the new F4 reboot works.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Whatever Fox decides to do, at least they have a decent amount of characters and storylines to use with F4 and mutant universe at their disposal. God bless Sony for attempting to build a cinematic universe around Spider-Man :lol:

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm actually excited to see a stand-alone Venom film. Sinister 6 too, I mean they only have a right to SpideyUniverse and it;s a cash cow so why not?

So far, Sonys been much better than Fox when it comes to Marvel films anyways.

Marvel/Disney > Sony > Fox

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah Spider-Man 3 did wonders for Sony

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yah but S1, S2 and ASM are all good, S2 is still one of the best comic book films out there. They are 3-1.

X1 and X2 are good but are getting a bit dated now. X3 and Origins almost killed the whole X-franchise while F4 and F4:2 already killed that franchise. First Class was good and I liked Wolverine though this seems 50/50 with people. Daredevil and Elektra are actually made by Fox too. So far Fox is really 4-6.

Then you have this to look forward to with DofP:

While Marvel simply goes, yah Quicksilver is just a member of the Enterprise and still be 100x better than Fox's version.

Last edited:

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was just going to comment on the Quicksilver dilemma on seeing that mag cover again and the concept art video, but beat to it.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I must be in the minority then because I thought Amazing Spider-Man was pretty bad. The only good thing about that movie was Denis Leary

Last edited:

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
SM is 50/50, it's like the MoS film. Plenty hated it and thought it was unnecessary reboot and people are even more mad that his slogan wasn't used (with great power, blah blah blah). On the other hand, others love it because it is a "truer" Spidey due to him actually joking around and being more sarcastic than ever and other just really hated Tobey and the Emo Peter really got under peoples skin. :lol:

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When's that Ant Man movie with Paul Rudd supposed to be released?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads