1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc... FILM THREAD

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Stylish Dinosaur Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    Unbreakable is my favorite M. Night film. He started going downhill after that.

2. RFX45

RFX45 Stylish Dinosaur

Via: http://marvel.com/news/movies/24062..._studios_into_the_amazing_world_of_spider-man

3. RFX45

RFX45 Stylish Dinosaur

4. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Stylish Dinosaur

Thank you, North Korea. Without you, this would not have been possible.

5. El Argentino

El Argentino Distinguished Member

DANGIT, was just coming to be a hero and post that about Spiderman. Should've known RFX would be on the ball

Last edited: Feb 9, 2015

6. Lionheart Biker

Lionheart Biker Distinguished Member

Thank you to the Universe and the MC Universe for this!!! I had long been hoping this would happen.

7. Jr Mouse

If this deal goes smoothly and highly profitable for both parties, I wonder how long it will be before Fox makes a similar agreement?

8. RFX45

RFX45 Stylish Dinosaur

Fox doesn't have a good relationship with Marvel though while Sonys has had troubles on the Spidey franchise even before the hack. I mean ASM2 made money but they expected so much more that they kind of panicked and threw away their plans for ASM3 & ASM4 with solo Venom and Sin6 films then started brainstorming on an Aunt May films and all female Spidey film. Sony didn't know what to do after it couldn't beat the first one in the box office.

9. Neo_Version 7

And it helps that Fox is holding some properties like X-Men and F4 that have pretty rich universes of characters, settings, concepts etc. Time-travel and going across the universe. Spider-Man is very limited.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2015

10. RFX45

RFX45 Stylish Dinosaur

Plus DoFP just made the most money out of all the X-Films to date and a Deadpool film is moving along too.

And next Wolverine film will supposedly be in this new timeline too so they are pretty much disposing all of the past films that not many liked.

Then there's also the XForce film with the fan favorite Cable that will also likely include Deadpool.

Fox will be fine by themselves for a while.

11. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Distinguished Member

12. Jr Mouse

First Class and DoFP but they came after the disaster that was X-Men 3. What about the rest of Fox's properties? The Wolverine films did ok, but were not loved critically or by the fan community. Both FF films managed to be steaming turds too.

In terms of future projects from Fox, only AoA is looking hot. The FF film had already become a joke to the fan community and we have only seen a single trailer.

Deadpool? I guess that could end up being good, but it's from the same studio and actor who brought us his dismal appearance in Wolverine. X-Force? No one really knows one way or the other. These are future projects that I just don't have a ton of faith in yet.

If Sony decided to lean on Marvel for some creative input to help the franchises they own do better, I don't really see why Fox couldn't do the same down the line. It's all about money and cross promotions at the end of the day.

13. RFX45

RFX45 Stylish Dinosaur

Bu Marvel is tactically killing any books that might promote the Xmen and Fantastic Four. Again their relationship isn't in good terms. Sony and Marvel was already working together for years now. Sony exchanged their merchandising rights for more movie rights.

DoFP proved that Fox can churn out a very good film and make money along the way. DoFP got the same flack FF is getting now but that is because people want to judge before they see the film. They said awe Singer is back. Boo! They do not have yellow leotards. Boo! The Sentinel design sucks! Boo! That's Quicksilver? What a joke! Boo! And look how well received it was.

I mean this is nothing we haven't seen from the fanboy community before, anything not touched by Marvel Studios is crap.

The Wolverine may have not been well received but it was the second highest box office film of all X-Films just behind X3 so they were happy with that. I also thought many fans liked it for the most part, probably not too hard since Origns was so bad. It made $415m on a $120m budget though and that was big enough for Fox. And DoFP coming off the weakness of The Wolverine equaled to the highest grossing X-Film that was one of the best films of 2014, made about $750m iirc. Also got to keep in mind the controversy Singer faced before the movie came out and it still made loads of money.

Apocalypse will likely surpass that so that is another win in the eyes of Fox. Wolverine will come off the strength of that film and likely beat the last Wolverine film. Gambit being in Apocalypse then branching off to his own film starring Channing Tatum will likely do well. XForce is still up in the air. Deadpool really gained momentum because of the leaked footage and based on the hype on that and the fact that Fox limited their budget just means they can make money on it even if it's rated R.

FF will likely surprise people, hell many already turned after seeing the trailer. I can see it easily making $500m and that will be considered a success for Fox. Worst comes to worst, an XMen and FF crossover in a few years and that will bank money.

Also keep in mind that merchandising rights for the XFilms belong to Fox so they probably make their money back on that alone and everything else from the box office are profit. That's not the same way with Sony Spiderman franchise, Marvel banks on those.

The biggest difference to the current Fox plans in comparison to the old is that it is actually planned out. They arne't making one film, let that simmer a bit then make another. They knew Apocalypse was the next film before DoFP came out. They already have other stories outlined as well like the next Wolverine sequel in the new timeline and such. That is a big deal. They also seem to have their own Feige in a way in Kinsberg. He works with Singer and Vaughn but tries to keep everything in check and so far so good.

There is no doubt XMen can only benefit from putting Wolverine in the Avengers but they don't have to, they aren't in as big of a financial trouble as Sony and they are content in their own world. As neo said, without that hack this may have never come to fruition. It's also easier to put Spidey in Marvels Studios world because they can make a soft reboot. XMen just had a huge reboot that would be wasted. I am sure they can come up with a way to combine them and make sense but again Fox doesn't need them and the way Marvels being a bitch, I wouldn't be surprised if these guys do not get together at all, ever.

It's really better this way anyway. I mean look at this new solo Spidey film, it pushed back every other Marvel films. I still wish Thor 3 and BP wasn't pushed and Spidey was just added to that year. If Marvel had right for XMen then that might happen as well. As a matter of fact, BP is now facing off against Apocalypse so that is interesting but at the end of the day, that could be shooting your own foot as BP is still unproven with a minority as a protagonist so you never know how it will be received. I just hope BPs part in Civil War wasn't cut because of Spideys acquisition because I can already imagine BP getting the short end of the stick.

14. Neo_Version 7

Fact is, Spider-Man is the face of Marvel and Disney would move heaven and earth to shoe-horn him into the current MCU. It does kind of suck though that a huge chunk of character's movies are being pushed to make way for it. Would they like to have back X-Men and F4? Definitely but Spidey is the golden goose egg.

Regarding Fox and Marvel relationship like RFX mentioned, they are ridding the comics of mutants and rebranding a bunch of them into Inhumans (which Marvel has the movie rights to). Very petty. :foo:

Last edited: Feb 11, 2015

15. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Distinguished Member