• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMG_8695.jpeg

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Not going to post the pictures but there are a bunch of spy shots of Superman on Twitter today. His costume looks amazing. Perfect even. Well done Gunn.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Also a comic accurate Me Terrific suit? Let’s gooooooo!!!!

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm complete opposite...
I'm enjoying HoD, but GoT was an absolute game changer show for me.
I didn't know the books or the story so I went in blind.
I still remember the first episode with the awesome overhead shot of them going North of the wall and encountering the wight. And then Ned lopping off the survivor's head. I was hooked.
HoD is a companion piece.
People forget how transformative the first three books and equivalent TV content were on both their respective media forms. The books were one of the first real deviations from the huge series of LOTR clones or basic ***** hero's journey stores.

Then the TV show brought fantasy mainstream. It was basically the first truly successful fantasy show, really hadn't ever been done before without some veneer of camp. And it was an absolute cultural phenomena. Pretty much opened the door for everything that's come since.

It was so much fun watching that with people who didn't know the books, especially with cursory experience with fantasy. It was basically a mirror to how I reacted to the books. "Wait, what. They killed Ned? They can't do that!?!?"

Also it gave us this:

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not going to post the pictures but there are a bunch of spy shots of Superman on Twitter today. His costume looks amazing. Perfect even. Well done Gunn.
I saw the pictures and I'm going to disagree with you on this one. The color scheme and design are on point but the fit is horrible.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Design is perfect. I’m not worried about the fit because they will just clean it up in post processing. No different then when they digitally improve an actors abs or make Tom Cruise look younger.

Spy shots shouldn’t be used for anything other than the look and feel these days. Everything is perfected after filming.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Design is perfect. I’m not worried about the fit because they will just clean it up in post processing. No different then when they digitally improve an actors abs or make Tom Cruise look younger.

Spy shots shouldn’t be used for anything other than the look and feel these days. Everything is perfected after filming.
I hope so because even the CW Superman costume fit way better. The Henry Cavill spy shots fit way better than this before CGI’ing anything.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I hope so because even the CW Superman costume fit way better. The Henry Cavill spy shots fit way better than this before CGI’ing anything.

Cavil was massive for those films but the suit had a bunch of fake muscles and padding to give it that look. Snyder went for a hyper masculine design that came across fake. Sane with Batman looking back.

I prefer them going for a more natural look. It’s not like Superman even needs to be ripped for his powers to work.

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
strwberryswitchbladee