• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This looks like it could be either dumb fun or a complete disaster.

Given the success rate of superhero movies post Avengers End Game, I'm leaning towards complete disaster.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dunno- this kinda has a Guardians of the Galaxy meets Twisted Metal vibe to it. I could see it being stupidly fun.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It’s not a superhero movie. It’s based off a video game franchise. Never played any of them but they seem popular enough.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Peacemaker MK1 trailer.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did Tenet write this? I think Tenet wrote it because it's so bad. It also feels like a threat.

Tenet is the most underrated—maybe even flat-out forgotten—movie in Nolan’s filmography of blockbuster breakouts, mostly because of its bungled release. Set to come out in the summer of 2020, the movie was repeatedly bumped because of the COVID-19 pandemic and was ultimately dropped into theaters that fall before most Americans were ready to risk going back to the movies. If people saw Tenet at all, most watched it at home, much later. Warner Bros. is looking to at least rectify that a little bit by returning the the film to theaters as well as giving it an IMAX re-release for one week, starting on February 23. So for anyone who didn’t bother with Tenet the first time around or still hasn’t accepted the fact that it’s Nolan’s most delightfully fun feature, now’s your chance.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Tenet is my last favorite Nolan film but still enjoyable.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still don't understand wtf happened at the end of the movie.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did Tenet write this? I think Tenet wrote it because it's so bad. It also feels like a threat.

Tenet is the most underrated—maybe even flat-out forgotten—movie in Nolan’s filmography of blockbuster breakouts, mostly because of its bungled release. Set to come out in the summer of 2020, the movie was repeatedly bumped because of the COVID-19 pandemic and was ultimately dropped into theaters that fall before most Americans were ready to risk going back to the movies. If people saw Tenet at all, most watched it at home, much later. Warner Bros. is looking to at least rectify that a little bit by returning the the film to theaters as well as giving it an IMAX re-release for one week, starting on February 23. So for anyone who didn’t bother with Tenet the first time around or still hasn’t accepted the fact that it’s Nolan’s most delightfully fun feature, now’s your chance.
I just watched it like a Bond flick and didn’t pay too much attention to the time stuff (as much as was possible). Pattinson channeling Christopher Hitchens was excellent. The lunch scene with JDW and Michael Caine was priceless.

Last edited:

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right. HBO's corporate activities were why they left. Not because they were pariahs for destroying HBO's money factory of a show.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I’m willing to believe they haven’t watched the film but there’s no way they didn’t know what was coming. It’s an absolute classic and well-known scene. YT videos like this feel incredibly performative.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m willing to believe they haven’t watched the film but there’s no way they didn’t know what was coming. It’s an absolute classic and well-known scene. YT videos like this feel incredibly performative.

i mean the cast had the script and they were still shocked when it happened on the set . a few even broke character in the scene .

i don't watch a lot of this kind of film content but i do check out things like ' drummer hears jerry was a race car driver for first time ' type thing , but with that stuff it's a pro musician and not so performative . but the stuff w/ random listener dude hearing primus for the first time tends to be that way .

Last edited:

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
I watched the first Dune on HBO with cousins and brother. I think we were all in awe of the world building. No one said a word. I had the sound turned up.

The only nitpick is should've turned on the caption because some of the dialogue was hard to follow/hear and it was just so new to me (us).

I was kind of pissed that the whole "Fear Litany" got lost in the sound mix. Literally the most iconic lines in the franchise and they were tough to hear.

Pre-sell tickets have been strong. So hopefully we get additional films in the franchise.

I’m excited to see it based on the buzz.
Villeneuve is ready to make Dune 3: Dune Messiah, but it seems like the studio is still waiting to see how this one does first.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Constellation on Apple TV...

So far, unbelievably boring, and drudgingly slow.
Something better happen soon, or else.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads