• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Let’s ******* GOOOOOOO!!

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
This looks fantastic (no pun intended).

IMG_8414.jpeg

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Perfect way to launch the franchise.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, I laughed out loud at this. I can imagine the pitch to studio executives “…it’ll be huge! MechaKong pieces like Transformers! Star Wars has Baby Yoda? We have Baby Kong! It’s a Buddy Cop movie. Attract the Swiftie audience? We’ll turn Godzilla pink! He’s WokeZilla now! It’s like a modern 48 Hours or Another 48 Hours!”

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Man, I laughed out loud at this. I can imagine the pitch to studio executives “…it’ll be huge! MechaKong pieces like Transformers! Star Wars has Baby Yoda? We have Baby Kong! It’s a Buddy Cop movie. Attract the Swiftie audience? We’ll turn Godzilla pink! He’s WokeZilla now! It’s like a modern 48 Hours or Another 48 Hours!”

I enjoyed Godzilla vs Kong, but it cracked me up how they have gone from the modern realism of the first Godzilla to everyone flying around in glowing spaceships.

Baby Kong was a thing in the old movies. I’d just rather we have seen baby Godzilla first.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think this guy liked the movie
"Madame Web’s unremitting tedium is only exacerbated by having to play by the complex rules dictating Sony’s current deal with Disney, in which its standalone Spider-Verse movies have to broadly fit within Marvel’s plans for Peter Parker but can never show him or even mention him by name. It’s like being at a party where everyone has decided to shun someone and that someone is the host. But even more pathetic is some of the most egregious moments of product placement in recent cinematic memory, with Pepsi products shown so frequently that the brand even factors into the film’s finale. Everything about Madame Web reeks of cynicism, a collection of tax and IP loophole exploitations masquerading as entertainment."

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think this guy liked the movie
"Madame Web’s unremitting tedium is only exacerbated by having to play by the complex rules dictating Sony’s current deal with Disney, in which its standalone Spider-Verse movies have to broadly fit within Marvel’s plans for Peter Parker but can never show him or even mention him by name. It’s like being at a party where everyone has decided to shun someone and that someone is the host. But even more pathetic is some of the most egregious moments of product placement in recent cinematic memory, with Pepsi products shown so frequently that the brand even factors into the film’s finale. Everything about Madame Web reeks of cynicism, a collection of tax and IP loophole exploitations masquerading as entertainment."
Atlantic tore it apart as well.

https://www.theatlantic.com/culture/archive/2024/02/madame-web-review/677450/

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I enjoyed Godzilla vs Kong, but it cracked me up how they have gone from the modern realism of the first Godzilla to everyone flying around in glowing spaceships.

Baby Kong was a thing in the old movies. I’d just rather we have seen baby Godzilla first.
Where was there a Baby Kong? There was a Baby Godzilla since the 60s I think.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Where was there a Baby Kong? There was a Baby Godzilla since the 60s I think.

I’m fairly sure there was. Can’t find it via Google because everything is on the new movie.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I’m starting to see a pattern here.

IMG_8416.jpeg

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn, and I thought I was pretty well paid, despite being really bad at my job.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads