• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We've definitely talked about Dune; must've posted in the movies thread.

I'll wait for Eternals to hit Disney+ to watch it, since the reviews have been uniformly mediocre.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
New Ghostbusters. Enjoyed it. Had flaws and the middle drags but the film has a ton of heart. It’s not nearly as funny as the original but wasn’t trying to be. Lots of fun surprises and I could see it becoming a new franchise. Ending was fantastic.

I get the impression a lot of people are holding the reboot from a few years ago against it. Don’t. Check this one out.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wheel of Time is interesting so far - caveat that I've never read the books, so not sure how true to source material they're staying etc

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm only ~3 episodes in, so hard to say, but interesting so far.
I blitzed through the entire season this week. I liked it, though Grayson's trust issues and inability to ever learn from any of his numerous mistakes gets old.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I blitzed through the entire season this week. I liked it, though Grayson's trust issues and inability to ever learn from any of his numerous mistakes gets old.
it definitely gets repetitive. I was really just there to see if Dove & Nightwing got back together

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it definitely gets repetitive. I was really just there to see if Dove & Nightwing got back together
Hank was possibly my favorite character, because he seemed the most real- physically beat to hell, substance use issues, PTSD, just a mess all around. Made his efforts to do the right thing and be a decent person more engaging.

Plus, he and Gar are the only two that ever cracked a joke.

Nightwing needs to stop dating coworkers.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wheel of Time is interesting so far - caveat that I've never read the books, so not sure how true to source material they're staying etc
I've read them.
It's a pretty show, but I'm disappointed overall.
The casting is bad, the script is bad, and they did change quite a bit.
Rosamand Pike is a good actress, but the lead kid/Rand is awful. It was like, "tall redhead, sign him".
And there are no good looking women.
Egwene and Ninaeve are unattractive.
They better do much better with Elaine when she shows up. She's described in the books as extremely beautiful.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your coworker is Minka Kelly; you really gonna ignore her?
Fair.

Of course, he's also hooked up with Starfire and Barbara Gordon. I mean, I'm not faulting him, but he's running out of coworkers.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It’s good! The new Hawkeye is good!!!

Guess I’m going to have to get another damn streaming service. The first episode was just like a Marvel universe movie.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Oh Superman…this I don’t understand either from a marketing perspective or gender analysis..I do acknowledge this to be the weirdest thing I’ve woken up to in a Monday morning news feed in a looooong time.

Definitely we’re not in Kansas anymoreo_O

Now they’ve taken it too far

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads