• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc... FILM THREAD

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
No talk on Squid Game? The show deserves all the praise it’s getting. Might be the best take on that particular sub genre yet.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
I don't know much about it, what sub genre does it fall into?

I have a vague sense that it's kind of Battle Royale-ish?

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Battle Royale is a strong influence. If you don’t know much about it, I’d recommend watching it without reading much more about the show before hand. Go in fresh and be surprised. The internet is full of spoilers right now.

It’s apparently become Netflix biggest show ever, taking the service’s executives by surprise. No one thought it would blow up like this.

Last edited:

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Good lord, does The Batman look bad…

I thought I was watching another doofy preview for The CW before I realized that dinky chin belonged to Robert Pattinson.

Why, people…

Why!

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Wut

The trailer looked awesome and I couldn’t be more hyped for it. The film looks like the perfect blend of the best of Nolan’s Batman, Batfleck, Seven and Noir with a hint of TAS.
Some fantastic looking cinematic filmography and art style shown off already.

Thank God they aren’t doing another origin story. “Year two” is a perfect jumping off point for a new franchise.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wut

The trailer looked awesome and I couldn’t be more hyped for it. The film looks like the perfect blend of the best of Nolan’s cy\\Batman, Batfleck and Seven with a hint of TAS. Some fantastic looking cinematic filmography and art style shown off already.

Thank God they aren’t doing another origin story. “Year two” is a perfect jumping off point for a new franchise.
Another dark, gritty Batman with recycled to death villains.
I MIGHT watch when it's on HBO or something.
K-Stew as Catwoman may have interested me.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wut

The trailer looked awesome and I couldn’t be more hyped for it. The film looks like the perfect blend of the best of Nolan’s Batman, Batfleck, Seven and Noir with a hint of TAS.
Some fantastic looking cinematic filmography and art style shown off already.

I don’t know, I was a massive Batman fan in eight grade. A movie could excite me; this one just looks like a bad CW show to me…

Is it actually based on the Year One/Year Two books? That would be something…

What’s TAS?

Featured Sponsor

LARGE METAL WATCHES WITH TAILORING

• Yes, I’m tacky like that.

• No way José! Dress watch with leather strap for me!

• No watch at all.

Results are only viewable after voting.