• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It's bizarre to me that we are getting an Eternals film before Fantastic Four. The freaking Eternals. I'd call them marvel's rejects but I don't think they even qualify that high. I'm sure the film will be just fine. It's just not a property anyone gives a damn about.

Now the FF? They are up there with Spiderman in terms of importance for the company's history. Please don't screw this one up, Marvel.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was shocked that MK couldn't develop compelling characters based on video game charcuteries. No one could have not seen that coming.
Watching a video game movie for character development is like watching a Christopher Nolan movie hoping to understand the plot.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I was shocked that MK couldn't develop compelling characters based on video game charcuteries. No one could have not seen that coming.

The last three MK games have been pretty good story-wise with MK 11 being the best.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's bizarre to me that we are getting an Eternals film before Fantastic Four. The freaking Eternals. I'd call them marvel's rejects but I don't think they even qualify that high. I'm sure the film will be just fine. It's just not a property anyone gives a damn about.

Now the FF? They are up there with Spiderman in terms of importance for the company's history. Please don't screw this one up, Marvel.

Kumail Nanjiani needs to take more PED's. He doesn't look like a believable superhero.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
I've never been much of a FF fan, OTOH I've never read a single Eterrnals title.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
FF might be Marvel's second-best property behind Spiderman. Love them. The team has a bad rep right now because the movies have been poor, but the property itself is overflowing with potential. That's why I am so excited about them finally tackling it in the MCU.

Don't feel bad. No one has read an Eternals comic.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FF might be Marvel's second-best property behind Spiderman. Love them. The team has a bad rep right now because the movies have been poor, but the property itself is overflowing with potential. That's why I am so excited about them finally tackling it in the MCU.

Didn't Marvel stop the FF comics partly to **** over Fox and partly because the movies were so bad?

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Didn't Marvel stop the FF comics partly to **** over Fox and partly because the movies were so bad?

Just to **** over Fox. Those were the dark times and we don't speak of them.

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Goro wasn't green in the movie?

maxresdefault.jpg

Fun movie if you don't overthink it. Which you probably shouldn't be doing for a MK film anyways. I think the script and action scenes could have used tweaking, but overall it delivered what it needed to. They already have a sequel planned. Get rid of the new guy and focus on Cage.
Maybe he just looked green in the dark scene where he fights the main guy.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've never been much of a FF fan, OTOH I've never read a single Eterrnals title.

Did anyone read Guardians of the Galaxy before it blew up and turned into one of the best MCU movies?

They've got a gift for reworking the second (and lower) tier characters. I think not having the pressure to stick to the canon of the top pantheon lets them do some more creative stuff, which can work out really well.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I read a bunch of old-school GotG, but I’m weird like that. :embar:

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That’s what I was thinking: the old school (well, older school) Guardians line-up from Abnet and Lanning was pretty inspired. Those comics (and the whole Nova/annihilation wave thingy) were so great, and really felt like their own thing apart from the greater Marvel universe. (The writing and characterizations, not just the isolated location).

It’s a shame all the subsequent Guardian books, post-movie, sucked so hard. Gotta make the dollars, I guess…

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads