• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear and fashion.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc... FILM THREAD

SixOhNine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure Snyder has ever made a good movie. Visually impressive, occasionally even spectacular, but not actually good from a storyline or acting standpoint.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I liked his Dawn of the Dead remake and I'm a big fan of the original. So that is saying something.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm not sure Snyder has ever made a good movie. Visually impressive, occasionally even spectacular, but not actually good from a storyline or acting standpoint.
Looking at his IMDB, I can't say there were really any great movies he directed. Only one I really enjoyed and rewatch is Man of Steel and even that one wasn't great.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I liked his Dawn of the Dead remake and I'm a big fan of the original. So that is saying something.
Nothing beats the Savini remake of Night of the Living Dead!

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Has anyone tried to remake Return of the Living Dead? Absolute classic and holds up well.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That would be cool but seems like zombies may be overplayed by now.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
When has that ever stopped Hollywood?

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Original Dawn of the Dead is my favorite.
We used to go see it at the midnight movies all the time.
Se re-watchable. It's now stuck in who-has-the-rights hell.
Which is why it's never on.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just learned that Elizabeth Olsen is the younger sister of the Olsons. How did I not know that...?

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just learned that Elizabeth Olsen is the younger sister of the Olsons. How did I not know that...?
I only learned that about two weeks ago, so you're not alone. But it's not like I'm much of a fan.

wesleeatl

Reaction score
Looking at his IMDB, I can't say there were really any great movies he directed. Only one I really enjoyed and rewatch is Man of Steel and even that one wasn't great.
if you think Man of Steel was better than Watchmen... I don’t know man..

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I only learned that about two weeks ago, so you're not alone. But it's not like I'm much of a fan.
I'm enjoying her in WandaVision. Never made an impression on me before.

Maybe the sitcom format just works for her family.

wesleeatl

Reaction score
Well I'm more of a Superman fan instead of a Watchmen fan so I like MoS more.
understand that. i guess i don’t get the comment above yours about how nothing Snyder has done features good acting or writing. maybe i’ve romanticized Watchmen too much, but I always thought the acting was fantastic; and I thought the film was very well done overall.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I thought Watchman was a superior film to MOS and even it wasn't a great Watchman movie. MOS fell mostly flat for me.

I realize my taste here might not line up with the general public as I think Superman Returns is an underrated movie in the franchise.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite knitwear under jackets/sport coats

• Crewneck sweater

• Turtleneck sweater

• Long-sleeve polo

• Vest

• I don't like knitwear worn with jackets/sport coats

Results are only viewable after voting.