• We would like to welcome Ratio Clothing as an official Affiliate Vendor. Ratio Clothing specializes in American-made custom shirts offered at a fair price with guaranteed perfect fit. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc... FILM THREAD

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Writing and dialog were terrible. Most of the characters had no real personality. The "gather the team" montage was silly and cliched. None of the Israelis seemed Israeli (that is minor, I suppose since it was an American movie). No Mossad director ever walked around in a suit the way Kingsley did. Sudanese general was a cartoon villain. It was all kind of a pity because the story is so unbelievable. I think it would have been a better film if there was a better sense of just how outrageous the whole thing was (not having the Mossed director say "this is outrageous"). I guess I would have enjoyed more of seeing how the fake resort operated during the day and then the smuggling of the Ethiopians to sea at night.

As much as I thought the movie was little hokey, I got goosebumps seeing the footage of the real thing and people during the credits. That kind of made the dramatization o.k.

Saw a preview for this last night. You didn't mention it also stars Omar muthafuckin Little! Way to bury the lede, dude.
Yep - helluva cast. Kind of makes my disappointment more disappointing.

noob in 89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I finally got around to seeing Endgame last night, and woah, was that not what I was expecting! That whole first half was straight from Back to the Future II. That, coupled with an uneven tone, made for rocky viewing in my book. Thankfully, the second half was perfection. All in all, an odd experience, as I usually enjoy the talky bits and have to try hard to stay engaged in the action.

I really liked that
they could introduce older Cap plus new Cap — both from the comics — in a way that felt completely natural and uplifting.

Definitely going to have to watch this again soon.

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
So I finally got around to seeing Endgame last night, and woah,...

Definitely going to have to watch this again soon.
Funny. I had the opposite reaction. I really enjoyed the movie and was glad to have seen it, but I have no real desire to see Endgame again.
Maybe if the only choices on Netflix are that or Captain Marvel.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wu Assassins anyone?

I enjoyed the first half, but the second half felt very rushed; like they thought it was going to be a 20 episode season but then had to cram into 10.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.