• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I’ve noticed that in a couple of the disparaging reviews they don’t address, the acting, the look of the film but focus on the ‘idea’ of the superhero film and how it didn’t meet the reviewers expectations of what a superhero film should be and in particular what a film trilogy and the time frame for it to be released is or should be.

Without giving anything away I enjoyed it and found it had a couple of surprising narrative twists. James McAvoy is simply amazing.

Thank you. Great feedback and just what I was looking for. :)

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Split was wholly distasteful/stupid/damaging in its retrograde portrayal of mental illness, and totally devoid of imagination in that regard. Sort of turned me off to seeing the new one.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Split was wholly distasteful/stupid/damaging in its retrograde portrayal of mental illness, and totally devoid of imagination in that regard. Sort of turned me off to seeing the new one.

It was a super villain origin tale. Wasn’t meant to be anymore realistic then a kid getting bit by a “radioactive” spider and suddenly climbing up walls.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yes...and also completely tone deaf, tasteless, ignorant and damaging in its stereotypes and fabrications. Not trying to pick a fight with fans, it’s just that no one would excuse such lazy and dangerous stereotypes if they were aimed at some other minority group — even if presented as fantasy.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Glass might be the most disappointing movie I've seen in years. I know I had too high of expectations, but I loved both Unbreakable and Split. Glass isn't on the same plain as those films.

Without spoiling anything it started out well enough. I even thought the "twist" was an interesting direction but in the end the film didn't go anywhere. Boring and uneventful. Unsatisfing. I don't know what he was thinking as this was his big chance to turn his career around.

Last edited:

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
why the hell didnt the punisher go back to beth?

There were scores of people chasing him and a mystery to unravel!

I guess he could have gone back to check on her after the events of the series, but she seemed like an awkward one night stand/ships passing in the night kind of thing. Plus who knows, she might have another one night stand there, and he’d have to do his guttural growl thing — again, awkward.

I thought season two was pretty damn good, if not as epic as the first. My only complaint was with how they presented Jigsaw:

Those tiny scratches, seriously? All that buildup with the mask, the slow reveal, and then...nothing really. He pretty much looked the same. They made the character look horrific in the movies; not sure why they wouldn’t do that here.

Also, I spent the whole season yelling at everyone to get some damn antibiotics. Do infections not exist in the Marvel universe? Or...concussions?

I guess that’s two things.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There were scores of people chasing him and a mystery to unravel!

I guess he could have gone back to check on her after the events of the series, but she seemed like an awkward one night stand/ships passing in the night kind of thing. Plus who knows, she might have another one night stand there, and he’d have to do his guttural growl thing — again, awkward.

I thought season two was pretty damn good, if not as epic as the first. My only complaint was with how they presented Jigsaw:

Those tiny scratches, seriously? All that buildup with the mask, the slow reveal, and then...nothing really. He pretty much looked the same. They made the character look horrific in the movies; not sure why they wouldn’t do that here.

Also, I spent the whole season yelling at everyone to get some damn antibiotics. Do infections not exist in the Marvel universe? Or...concussions?

I guess that’s two things.

Bruh. Did you see Beth? You gotta to back for that

I wish they had more with the pilgrim storyline and less of jigsaw though

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Good news, they’re remaking Ghostbusters again. This time they’re going to split the difference, two men two womyn.

Some people aren’t very happy.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still don't understand why they had to do a full reboot but use original characters as cameo appearances. Movie would have been much better received if the new Ghostbusters movie was a continuation of the previous movies.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
49FFDEB2-9324-451C-8083-006B5D0795F9.png

Does anybody really think this was a better movie than say Logan?

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd say Into The Spiderverse was a better film then both and if anything derseved the nod that would be it.

I agree with this. As for the other two, I think Panther was better than Logan.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads