• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Letdown because Marvel is already providing greater information and teasers about the post-Snap MCU than the actual resolution of the story itself. All the buildup and Marvel (like a proper business) is already gearing up for events past it.

I'm selfishly of the opinion to dwell on the moment and take it all in.

EDIT: No, I realize FFH and BP2 were announced long ago, and the great comic adage is that no death is permanent. But as an 8-year-old reading the Death of Superman story, and then learning about these new pretenders, and then Supes coming back in a black (?) suit with long hair (!) was mind-blowing.

I mean, the thing that first strikes you about Infinity War is the comparative brutality of the first fight w/ Hulk and then strangling Loki in real time and realizing, "this is a departure from what I've already seen." Not that you haven't seen more brutal or grotesque deaths in Logan already, but you just got the sense that the stakes got raised and things had changed. Dropping trailers ahead of Endgame just seems to cheapen it.

Well you won’t get any argument from me that they should have waited after Infinity War. I’d have enjoyed a year break. No new movies. No trailers. Then drop Endgame and finish it before the next phase is promoted.

I guess it’s less about any feeling that it’s somehow taking away from the impact of IF and more that I simply think a break could do the extended universe some good. Give the audience a rest. Let the anticipation build up. Etc.

As it is the MCU is running into danger of oversatuaration.

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
As it is the MCU is running into danger of oversatuaration.
I am already there. At this point, I only go to the theatre if it is going to be really good based on reviews. So I saw Infinity War and Spiderverse and also Dr. Strange in the theatre. The rest just get streamed when I get to it. I do regret not having caught Raganrok in theatres as it remains one of my favorites and I am sure I would have loved it even more on the big screen. But given the volume, most feel like big budget Netflix episodes.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just saw GLASS;double plus good. :slayer:

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This drops tomorrow:

With the Tournament of Champions on in Grand Central until the 24th, I won't have much time until after next weekend, but as soon as I can - I'm all in. No spoilers please.

Yeah buddy!

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
No matter how good it is, I expect marvel release a statement saying the punisher will not be renewed.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

DEADLY CLASS!

I think this premiered tonight on the Sci Fi channel and Sci Fi On Demand.

About a high school for assassins (yawn) set in the 1980s (yes). The former caused me to skip the comics, which are supposed to be pretty solid. The series is produced by the director(s)(?) of Infinity War.

Anyone catch it?

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In the animated movie Reign of Superman, "President Dale" looks just like Hillary Clinton

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Without spoiling it did anyone see Glass yet? I’m going to try and see it today or Monday since I have the day off. Reviews have been luke warm which is disappointing to say the least.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Without spoiling it did anyone see Glass yet? I’m going to try and see it today or Monday since I have the day off. Reviews have been luke warm which is disappointing to say the least.

I’ve noticed that in a couple of the disparaging reviews they don’t address, the acting, the look of the film but focus on the ‘idea’ of the superhero film and how it didn’t meet the reviewers expectations of what a superhero film should be and in particular what a film trilogy and the time frame for it to be released is or should be.

Without giving anything away I enjoyed it and found it had a couple of surprising narrative twists. James McAvoy is simply amazing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads