• We would like to welcome Ratio Clothing as an official Affiliate Vendor. Ratio Clothing specializes in American-made custom shirts offered at a fair price with guaranteed perfect fit. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc... FILM THREAD

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Hellboy looks awful. So much for trying a take closer to the comics.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Speaking of awful.

082AE2CF-6693-453A-A86E-5679A3526F51.jpeg

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
100% thought that MIB trailer was a comedy spoof. And then it wasn't.

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yep. Into the Spiderverse or whatever it was called was breathtakingly good. At times I wasn't sure what I was even watching - it was so incredibly beautiful and strange. Don't come expecting to see a great plot or character building or whatever (there was a little bit). But come expecting to see a singular, beautiful film.

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yep. Into the Spiderverse or whatever it was called was breathtakingly good. At times I wasn't sure what I was even watching - it was so incredibly beautiful and strange. Don't come expecting to see a great plot or character building or whatever (there was a little bit). But come expecting to see a singular, beautiful film.
I'm surprised there hasn't been more talk about this. It really is a great movie. I made my wife, who ordinarily won't go to any superhero movie, go with me as the price for all those Woody Allen films she made me see, and she actually loved it.
By the way, there is a post-credit scene. I was expecting one and waited all the way through the very long and very good credits and then gave up and missed it. Don't be me.

Texasmade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
By the way, there is a post-credit scene. I was expecting one and waited all the way through the very long and very good credits and then gave up and missed it. Don't be me.
I'm sure you can find it on Youtube.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Spiderverse will be the word of mouth movie of 2018. It’s going to have legs from all the positive buzz it’s been getting. Might be one of the most highly rated and reviewed films of the year. I’ve seen countless people say it’s not only the best Spider-Man film but also one of the best comic movies ever.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Eventually, but not yet. So far, I have only seen the descriptions and "analysis".
Keep looking. I’ve seen it on YouTube several times. It gets taken down and put up somewhere else in short order.

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised there hasn't been more talk about this. It really is a great movie. I made my wife, who ordinarily won't go to any superhero movie, go with me as the price for all those Woody Allen films she made me see, and she actually loved it.
Price for all Woody Allen movies...?she is very poor and very understanding woman!

noob in 89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

RUNAWAYS SEASON TWO! has been on Hulu for like two weeks already, and where is the Runaways love?

Having read the comics between seasons (11 volumes, ~ 63 issues), I found the second round even better than the first. They picked up the pace a bit and introduced more elements from the books, with satisfying alterations. It’s hard to elaborate without spoilers, but I think a free Hulu trial would be worth it for those who enjoyed the other Marvel shows. Brian Vaughan is behind this one as well. Interesting stuff.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

• I mainly buy my clothes online.

• I shop online only if there is a sale.

• I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

• I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

• I mainly shop in store.

Results are only viewable after voting.