• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Apparently, a Cloak & Dagger TV show premieres tonight (possibly in the next 15 minutes). I’m mildly stoked.

So this one turned out to be really good: two episodes in, and they haven’t even really revealed their powers, instead focusing on character development and the relationships between characters. The leads are both strong, and it avoided a hundred missteps you would’ve anticipated. Still stoked...

Just finished binging on this one. I have no knowledge of the comic it's based on, so I came into it with no expectations. It was really well done. I liked it a lot. Definitely looking forward to season 2, which apparently is already in the works.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just finished binging on this one. I have no knowledge of the comic it's based on, so I came into it with no expectations. It was really well done. I liked it a lot. Definitely looking forward to season 2, which apparently is already in the works.

Oh, cool. Glad to hear that. (I’m just about to watch the last episode).

I hunted down the comics this week. The good news is that there’s not a lot (I think two brief runs totaling around 25 issues) which surprised me — so not a lot of expectations to shatter. Basically, they were street-level vigilantes who went after drug rings and so forth; typical late 80s stuff. I don’t think they got a dramatized origin story (just kind of briefly recounted it); they were I think the only two to survive a brutal corporate experiment, and have to live together to adequately survive. They’re on issue three of a new comic run that tweaks that a bit to be more in line with the show.

My wife keeps asking me when they’re going to superhero-out. I’m ready for it.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That reminds me- I got bored and never finished season 1.

The trailer is decent enough to make me think season 2 could be worthwhile. Maybe I'll catch those last 2-3 episodes one night and be ready.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That reminds me- I got bored and never finished season 1.

The trailer is decent enough to make me think season 2 could be worthwhile. Maybe I'll catch those last 2-3 episodes one night and be ready.

Iron Fist is the only Netflix Marvel series that I haven't finished. Danny was just so annoying that I couldn't handle it.

They really improved the character since then. He was annoying in Defenders, but sort of self-knowingly so. I actually liked him in Luke Cage S2.

I'll give Iron First S2 a shot when it comes out, especially if the plot is more interesting than the Hand stuff.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Iron Fist is the only Netflix Marvel series that I haven't finished. Danny was just so annoying that I couldn't handle it.

They really improved the character since then. He was annoying in Defenders, but sort of self-knowingly so. I actually liked him in Luke Cage S2.

I'll give Iron First S2 a shot when it comes out, especially if the plot is more interesting than the Hand stuff.

I liked the dynamic with Colleen, but the repetition of him having no idea what is going on/being spoon fed everything he needed to do was tiring

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
****! That reminds me- I haven't watched any of Luke Cage season 2. And I actually liked that one. There's just too much stuff out there now.

That's it. I need to quit my job. Priorities, amiright?

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I liked the dynamic with Colleen, but the repetition of him having no idea what is going on/being spoon fed everything he needed to do was tiring

He came off as a super whiny entitled baby to me. I get it, you feel wronged and are out of touch with modern culture, but stop whining about it. Bad habit for a super hero.

Jessica Jones was at least endearingly broken, not whiny.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Luke Cage S02 is pretty good. It is up in the top tier of the Marvel/Netflix shows though I wouldn't rank it at the very, very top, which is probably The Punisher or DD01. But well worth watching.
Liked DD01, thought DD02 was basically 2 seasons(intro to Punisher+ trial+ blacksmith could have been one season, Elektra + backstory with Matt + intro the The Hand being the other) that they tried to cram into one. Could have been so good but they didn't flesh it out.

Last edited:

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting perspective. I've never thought that a Netflix/Marvel show's problem was that it wasn't long enough. Elektra was a good character and I would have been interested to see more of her, though.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Marvel’s Netflix seasons are too long as it is. They always start to drag. I agree agree that they need to trim down the story elements. Keep everything more focused.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
C0A8BBF3-2D79-432F-B5F7-4BEE3FEBFA51.jpeg

“The Future is Female!”

Looking forward to the online incel corps getting triggered about this and turning on Marvel with its now clear “SJW agenda.”

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
“The Future is Female!”

Looking forward to the online incel corps getting triggered about this and turning on Marvel with its now clear “SJW agenda.”
It's going to be something like
"Captain America is a guy. Why are they turning him into a woman for SJW bullshit!!???"

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads