• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My trailer feeling, excited but then turned to eh.

They're making it too comedic? That's one of the annoying things I hated on Thor 2 and IM3, too many jokes and one-liners.

I mean we really didn't see much, was cool for a first trailer I guess.

Will still watch at midnight though but I hope they tone down the comedy a bit.

Last edited:

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
TBH still no idea how this merits a movie before F4 was properly resurrected.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
- Agree with RFX that the "comedy" is a little much but hopefully that's just for the trailer but at the end of the day, this is a film with a raccoon, giant tree, and Chris Pratt. Keeping it light-hearted seems like the most sound approach.

- John C. Reilly is the last person I thought I'd see in a film like this. I can't tell if that's stunt casting gone wrong or what. I half-expected Will Ferrell to pop up....wtf....

- Everything else looks promising. The soundtrack is :slayer:

Last edited:

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I liked the jokes and one liners. They do a good job of separating this film from the pack. Otherwise the general public might think it's another John Conner of Mars or Green Lantern. Gave the trailer a nice unique feel and vibe. I'm sure the whole film won't be like that.

@El Argentino Marvel would love to reboot the FF4 and bring the property into their fold. They can't. The rights are still in Fox's hands. One reason lesser known properties like GotG are being given a chance to shine is because Marvel has to work with what they still have available.

Honestly this looks great fun. The early buzz has been strong too. Marvel could have another winner on their hands.

Last edited:

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Its definitely not just Marvel working with what they got. There are bigger and more in demand characters in their vault that people have been waiting for, Black Panther, Inhumans, another Hulk movie plus they already got the rights back for Blade, GR and Daredevil but instead they are going the cheaper route by making Netflix shows for the Defenders.

GotG is Marvels biggest risk yet and it is their way of introducing ever more obscure characters to the public. Marvel is still desperate to expand their universe and this is their first step.

Plus with Marvel/Disney owning all these properties plus the tv shows and then acquiring Star Wars for billions of dollars, their plate is pretty damn full. Not to mention that Marvel still get a small percentage of profits from the other properties they rented out so they make money without investing any on Xmen, F4 and Spiderman films. Marvel actually gave more movie rights to Sony in exchange of merchandising distributions because Marvel/Disney knows thats where they can make bank without putting too much money out there.

Last edited:

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ahh Daredevil. *shudder*

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Didn't they just get Daredevil back? GotG was in production well before they knew they would have it right?

As for Hulk, Marvel feels he works better in team films then alone. I'm not sure I agree with that, but it is their stance.

Black Panther does need to happen.

Plate full and revenue sharing or not, I think you are nuts if you honestly think Marvel wouldn't love to get some of their major properties back in house. XMen and Spider-Man? In their own cinematic universe with Wolverine showing up in a future Avengers film like in the comics? Parker too? Marvel and Disney would kill for that right now.

Last edited:

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am sure they'd love to get them but look at all the properties Marvel has and they can still only confure up 2 movies a year and the rest (Luke Cage, DD, Iron FIst) are going to Netflix instead. Hell they were struggling coming up with a release date for Star Wars that doesn't conflict and take market away from the other Marvel films so imagine a 3rd Marvel film in the same year? Along with their other big budget properties like Pixar films and Pirates franchise? Their plate is full and overflowing as it is.

I see it like this as Marvel/Disneys point of view, instead of XMen, SM and F4 sitting in their vault waiting to be made, they are making millions from Sony and Fox without putting out money.

It's a waste to simply get the Wolverine property for a simple cameo in Avengers 4. I still see the biggest drawback of Wolverine as it not being Rated R and if Marvel/Disney gets it, I am sure they can make a better film than Fox but it would still feel kiddy so it'll still likely not make IM money anyways.

Look, it's every comic book fans fantasy to see all these heroes go against Thanos or Glactus, it really is, it'll make every fanboy **** right on their monitor from the announcement alone, the interwebz would explode. But really, A3 is already shaping up to have all these guys:

Nick Fury
Maria Hill
Coulson
Cap
Thor
Hulk
Iron Man
War Machine
Falcon (rumored)
Black Widow
Hawkeye
Quicksilver
Scarlet Witch
Vision
Ms. Marvel

Villains included so far:

Ultron
Baron Von Strucker
Thanos (behind the scenes)

That doesn't even include GotG that could still be in the film (they are formed to go against Thanos):

Star Lord
Gamora
Groot
Rocket Racoon
Drax

And the Defenders from the Netflix shows:

Luke Cage
Iron Fist
Daredevil
Jessica Jones

Plus the Phase 3 heroes, which they might have to send away or kill off one of the major members to make room for:

Ant-Man(s)
Dr. Strange

And you want to add XMen, F4 and Spiderman to that? I have faith in Whedon but damn that'll be one hell of a task for a 2 hour film.

And again, I would love, absolutely LOVE to see that but you aren't looking past your fanboyism (not an insult, I have this problem too) if you can't see that it is just too much. This year, Marvel will get money from Cap, GotG, XMen DoFP and ASM2, if those other properties are in Marvels hand they'll only have two of those out.

Keep in mind that both Fox and Sony are expanding those worlds too so Marvel will bank on them. Fox plans to make XForce film with Deadpool and they already announced Apocalypse after DoFP. Sony already has SM3 & SM4 in the books and a solo Venom and Sinister6 films. That is a lot of things to do that Marvel will not be able to handle at once. To me, even if it isn't the best product, I still rather see them made and developed now and come out every other year than being released 4-5 years apart.

By the way, Phase 3 has been confirmed:

http://schmoesknow.com/marvels-phase-3-plans-unveiled-exclusive/

MARVEL’S PHASE 3 Plans Unveiled! (EXCLUSIVE)

So what’s true and what’s not so true? Well, here’s where Victor Jones comes in.

I can confirm that as of the end of January, Marvel had no plans to make a Guardians 2. Marvel was planning on Guardians being a one and done. So unless they have done a complete 180 in the last couple weeks, I very much doubt there will be a Guardians 2.

Now, fret not Guardian lovers. If the movie makes a boatload of money (which, come on, it probably will) then there might be a sequel. But all those reports that are saying there is already a Guardians of the Galaxy sequel in the works, not true. Until I hear otherwise, I think Victor is right on. He goes on to say:

They only have so many films they can do each year and they don’t want them all to be trilogies to where they’re just dealing with the same handful of characters for the next 5-10 years.

Makes sense. So what other characters will Marvel be looking to be exploring in Phase Three?

The movies that will be part of Phase III for absolute certain are: Ant-Man, Captain America 3, Thor 3, The Avengers 3 and Dr. Strange.

Also hearing some inner working conversations about Dr. Strange and how much Kevin Feige wanted Dr. Strange for Phase 2 at one point:

Feige has pretty much confirmed Dr. Strange for some time now. They really wanted it to be a part of Phase 2 at one point, but like Ant-Man that just didn’t happen. That’s probably the one that Feige is personally rooting for the most and as a result it is the solo film that is the highest priority other than the sequels.

As our conversation continued, we couldn’t help but get into some of the other rumors out there – like a INHUMANS movie or that ever elusive BLACK PANTHER movie.
There has been talk about Black Panther and lots of talk about The Inhumans, they’re in the pipeline but are pretty much in the same boat that Dr. Strange and Ant-Man were in two years ago, where they want them to happen, and they will most likely both happen, but it’s just a question of how soon. However, those five films (Ant-Man, Cap 3, Thor 3, Dr. Strange & Avengers 3) are sure things and I can guarantee you they will all be announced at Comic Con if not sooner.

Last edited:

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
would suck though if like 5 years from now, and chris evans, chris hemsworth, rdj, scarlett johansson, et al opt not to renew their marvel contracts and we'll be stuck at maybe phase 4 with second stringer super heroes.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

would suck though if like 5 years from now, and chris evans, chris hemsworth, rdj, scarlett johansson, et al opt not to renew their marvel contracts and we'll be stuck at maybe phase 4 with second stringer super heroes.

RDJ definitely going to be the first to bite it , what with his high salary :lol:

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah it's almost inevitable but they'll just recast instead of not using those characters. They already said Iron Man can be a James Bond format that it can keep going and going with a different actor w/o rebooting. I think they see every other parts the same way once those guys asks for too much money.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope they choose to keep the characters going without rebooting. After a while, they have to recognize that everyone knows the origin story. For example, is there anyone that needs yet another movie showing Peter Parker getting bitten by a spider and learning how to stick to walls? Yeah, I concede that there are few characters that have the same cultural ubiquity of Spiderman, but still...

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

'Fantastic Four' Reboot Cast Announced: Michael B. Jordan, Kate Mara & More!

The cast of the highly anticipated reboot of the Fantastic Four film franchise has been announced!

It was previously revealed that Michael B. Jordan will be starring as Johnny Storm/The Human Torch and now it is being reported that Kate Mara has closed a deal to play Sue Storm/The Invisible Woman, according to Variety.

An offer is out to Miles Teller to play the role of Reid Richards/Mr. Fantastic and while an offer has not been made yet, it is expected that Jamie Bell will play Ben Grimm/The Thing.

The new film will be a contemporary update on the comic book and focus on the characters as young men and women. The Fantastic Four will hi theaters on June 19, 2015.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads