• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@Jr Mouse @RFX45

Here's the DC Snyder-Verse schedule.

Facepalm. This is going to be a ****** version of the MCU with Snyder at the creative helm

May 2016 – Batman v Superman
July 2016 – Shazam
Xmas 2016 – Sandman
May 2017 – Justice League
July 2017 – Wonder Woman
Xmas 2017 – Flash and Green Lantern team-up
May 2018 – Man Of Steel 2

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplayl...ern-flash-crossover-coming-same-year-20140612

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Also found this TV episode online.

I don't know much about the Guardians, but I guess this is how a Guardians/Avengers crossover could work. Doubtful a movie like this ever gets made, with RDJ getting older and his contract expiring

Not sure I like the dynamic of two competing groups either

I wonder if Vin Diesel will repeat the phrase "I am Groot" over and over again in the GOTG movie? :lol:

Last edited:

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
@jrd617

That's actually Groot's thing. It's all he says. It's been explained in the comics that he's actually speaking in his native tongue, but to outsiders it always sounds like "I am Groot."

I'm psyched we are getting a Captain Marvel (SHAZAM!) film as he's always been one of my favorite characters. Problem is he wouldn't really work in the style Snyder has set up for the universe with MoS. I'm hopeful they allow for it to have its own creative feel more appropriate to the hero.

Last edited:

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Those dates are actually not confirmed, the source (http://nikkifinke.com/comic-con/) says she has an intel inside but we cannot be 100% sure until DC/WB officially announces it, likely next month at Comic Con.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've been saying giving Snyder this much control really isn't the way to go. He is a skilled visual director but that's about it. The same argument was said for Nolan circa Batman Begins but unless Superman v Batman is on par with DARK KNIGHT (which I highly doubt given the quality of MoS), WB fucked up once again plain and simple.

Last edited:

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Are you kidding? Everyone on SuperHeroHype was pumped about Nolan circa 2003/2004.

I was monitoring news of Batman Begins from the start. Remember reading about the Arkham Asylum shoot in London, and the Tumblr scenes on Wacker in Chicago. Tons of spy pics.

There was a palpable sense on that board that BB was going to be something special. Nolan had just come off of Memento and Insomnia. He was thought to be an acccomplished screenwriter and director with a clear vision who could get the most out of his actors. He also brought a certain "grittyness" to the movie from his work on Memento and Insomnia

Was not thought of as merely a "skilled visual director." Not at all

http://www.ign.com/articles/2004/04/23/wanna-see-arkham-asylum
http://www.superherohype.com/features/86409-batman-begins-set-reports-galore

Memento and Insomnia had 92% each on RT.

Nolan was nominated for Best Original Screenplay for Memento too: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._received_by_Christopher_Nolan#Academy_Awards

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/memento/
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/1114154-insomnia/

Last edited:

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I should have clarified I meant his inexperience with handling a franchise like Batman. Insomnia is criminally under appreciated though. Prestige too.

Last edited:

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That really isn't even fair, TDK is probably the best comic book film ever made and you want the next DC film to be as good/great? You are already labeling the film to fail if that is what you expect.

As far as we know, Snyder is only doing BvS and JL and maybe MoS2 but that is it, he isn't in charge like Feige is with Marvel where he manufactures the whole universe. Where does it say Snyder is in charge of all the upcoming DC films?

Same way Whedon is really only in charge of Avengers films and really has very little hand in the other films.

I mean honestly DC/WB might finally have a long term plan and people still complain and put them down before it even get started? You guys want them to go back to making one film at a time and have it be it's own stand alone film like the Burton, Schumacher and Nolan Batman films? Then people will chastise them to death for not changing, then they change and they still get criticized and ridiculed and say they are just copying Marvel?

I've said it before and I'll say it again, DC just can't win. :confused:

Hell even TDK and TDKR was nitpicked to death just so they have a reason to hate DC while Avengers, who is just as ridiculous if you nitpicked and was like a big commercial for Acura, gets a huge pass.

Last edited:

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

As far as we know, Snyder is only doing BvS and JL and maybe MoS2 but that is it

Dude, that's practically all of the DC universe in the hands of the man that brought us Sucker Punch....

Look, we discussed this to death. It's nice that you have faith in DC and what they are planning but all these jumbled TV shows (Arrow, Flash, Gotham), delays in movie production, SNyder having 80% control of their movies, questionable casting, etc. doesn't bode well. I would love to be proven wrong because these are amazing properties with so much potential. Oh, well, we'll have to see in 2 years :lol:

Last edited:

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ummm, did you even see the list of supposedly upcoming films? Snyder is guaranteed to direct 2 films out of 7, how is that 80%? And that is not to mention the other films that was mentioned like Metal Men and Suicide Squad.

As for movie delays, again if you read the report, it is not because of the script (they have one delayed production by the way) but because they are trying to guarantee a long term contract for actors before shooting so they do not all of a sudden have to recast.

According to my source, “Like Marvel’s The Avengers, there will be cameos of superheroes for future installments. The cameos will include the already known Cyborg and Flash. Green Lantern [not played by Ryan Reynolds, thank god] may be introduced. And Aquaman will be seen in the Justice League movie. Problem is, Warner Bros Pictures was still negotiating with the actors for those cameos and future roles, meaning major contracts for multiple JL/character films to follow. The studio didn’t want to move forward until they had more of this secure so they held off starting production for a few months. Seemingly simple reason, but the implications are pretty darn huge.”

As for the tv shows, people should be able to separate the two, I honestly do not see it as a big deal if the two doesn't connect, I see no problem with it. I personally like it that they are expanding their tv shows, more for use to watch. Really looking forward to Flash, Constantine and Gotham.

As for casting, outside of Eisenberg (who can act by the way, he isn't Michael Cera), all the casting have been solid. Afflecks career is on the rise again (coming from Argo and The Town) and he is much smarter now and will not put his career through another Daredevil disaster. Gadot is an alright choice, people only complain because they expect WW to be butch and Gadot is too skinny but really look at WW art in the comics, she is pretty skinny.

DC gets credit for GL but never for TDK just like Snyder gets credit for Sucker Punch but not for DotD, 300 and Watchmen. Just hard to see all these as nothing but hate just to hate on DC. Marvel doesn't bat 1.000 either, IM2 and IM3 are just terrible films, Incredible Hulk were mediocre and Cap1 and Thor1 aren't great.

I'm just saying you got to have faith because DC/WB is actually trying, you can't be putting them down just because they do not hire Scorsese and Daniel Day Lewis in these projects. I mean seriously, Favreau directed IM1 and even if you read all the reports the behind the scene occurrences for the production of that film, they really just got lucky in making a great film.

Last edited:

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Come on, let's be real. The general public doesn't give two ***** about Shazam, Sandman, or Green Lantern. For all intents and purposes, Snyder is holding the reins to the movies people actually care about. There's no two ways about it.

And you are right, Marvel is definitely not without some **** ups of their own (the whole Hulk recasting, Iron Man 2, AGENTS of Boring, etc.) They seem to be righting the ship with the Netflix path though.

Last edited:

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I can easily argue people cared more about GL than Cap or Thor before Marvel made those films. GL just gets **** on because of the crappy film with Reynolds but he is very well liked, you underestimate the popularity of the JL animated series, all the core members of JL are pretty damn popular and were easily more known than the members of the Avengers before the film. Just like XMen are very popular because of the 90's cartoon and most peoples knowledge of Spiderman is based on the cartoon too so most are confused when it doesn't match-up with the film.

Shazam is very well liked and you'd be surprised how much following he has, he is still tier 2-tier 3 hero but he is no less popular than Cap and Thor not to mention Black Widow, Hawkeye, Nick Fury, etc...

Sandman isn't going to be a blockbuster release and it is a Vertigo project so it'll be like V for Vendetta or KickAss, so it isn't expected to make hundreds of millions. I am 100% sure Snyder will not even come close to this project just because it's from a whole different world.

But you are just making excuses with your Snyder statements, that's like saying Whedon is in charge of all Marvel films which isn't correct at all. Snyder doesn't even get credit for any writing for MoS, he just directed it but he has a hand in writing BvS and Goyer has been removed from it and his part is being re-written by the writer of Argo so there are good signs for that film.

Again I think you are missing what Feige actually does and how he controls the whole Marvel Studios universe, Snyder doesn't have that power, he can't fire or force directors to sacrifice their vision to alter the film, he is just focused on the film he is directing.

Last edited:

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not backpeddling at all. Your comparison of Snyder-Whedon is somewhat flawed though. A more accurate comparison would be if Marvel gave Favreau the reins of the Avengers film in addition to his responsibilities with Iron Man. Essentially, he would have control of the seminal properties like Snyder is with DC.

I'm actually surprised how optimistic you are considering the amount of people that flocked to see Catwoman, Constantine, Jonah Hex, Superman Returns, and Green Lantern (read: not many).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics