1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc... FILM THREAD

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Feb 4, 2014.

1. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Luke Cage comes out in ~30 days.

Need to stop being lazy and start on Stranger Things already.

2. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or

I've mentioned it before, but I really thought Jessica Jones fell apart towards the end. I'm surprised more people don't feel the same.

3. Jr Mouse

Am I the only one who has a general distaste for these Disney live action remakes of their old animated movies? Even if the film itself turns out to be well done, it feels like a missed opportunity. I don't want a live action interpretation of an old animated interpretation of a fairy tale. I want them to go back to the source material. The original fairy tales and do something new from the ground up based on them. A fresh interpretation with new ideas instead of something we have all seen before. It's like a Disney echo-chamber of regurgitating old ideas to make a buck and lacks real creativity.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
    3 people like this.
  4. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I mean we'd have to see, Jungle Book wasn't a reel for reel interpretation of the cartoon and I thought it was great.

Cinderella was practically a direct adaptation and many loved it. I haven't seen Petes Dragon but I heard it's pretty good too.

Then there's Maleficent which is pretty much an original take on it and it was terrible.

They also made Into the Woods which is a more serious take on these Fairy Tales.

Keep in mind that these are made by Disney so they are remaking what they made but other studios could also make their version like Serkis making his own Jungle Book film.

In the end, so far, it seems Disney is having success by remaking their classics without straying too much from the OG and when they attempt to be different then it falls flat.

So to me, until they start a string of terrible adaptations then I'll start getting mad but til then, I am just going to keep enjoying my childhood updated to real-life/cgi version.

5. dopey

dopey Senior member Dubiously Honored

I thought Disney's re-interpretation of "A New Hope" was pretty good.

6 people like this.
  6. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

:crackup:

7. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

8. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

I dunno, Alias is one of my all-time favorite books, so I was disappointed with the casting from the get-go. I was expecting a much more middle-aged and chubbier actress, not someone who looks like the young, spritely, and flashback-y Jessica Jones.

That said, I felt Luke Cage was pretty spot-on, and he pretty much carried my enthusiasm for the series. Can't wait to catch his solo stuff...

9. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Never really liked Krysten Ritter tbh but could just be me. Many of my friends and people I talk to seem to adore her.

10. Jr Mouse

Why did they go all shaggy costume on him? Is that supposed to make it look more "realistic" for a reason I am missing?

Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
  11. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

12. Jr Mouse

Nothing about this explains why his costume is as loose fitting as it is. It also calls it comic accurate which it is not as the Shocker does not wear a shaggy fitting costume in the classic look. So I just want to know why they are going that direction.

13. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

This is probably his "starting out" suit and not his final suit, similar to Spidey's homemade suit vs. the one Stark gave him.

14. Jr Mouse

So "starting out" costumes are just baggy versions of the normal ones? Ok.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
  15. VaderDave

VaderDave Senior member

We binge-watched the whole series on Sunday afternoon/evening. It was a fun show and a cool throwback to the '80s for me.

16. Jr Mouse

Surprised to see this so fast. Teaser for Stranger Things Season 2.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

EDIT: The point has been made that since they want to use the same kids they will need to rush these seasons out in order to prevent them from growing to old for the roles.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  17. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

As for Shockers suit looking like Fat Bastards skin after he lost some weight, it might be one of those cases where it fills out once he charges up his weapon before firing out the electricity?

18. Jr Mouse

That sounds like shitty gimmick so I hope they don't go in that direction.

Costume has grown on me. I think I like it now.

19. VaderDave

VaderDave Senior member

Just watch, doe: one of the kids will have a sudden growth spurt and tower over the rest of his buddies.