1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc... FILM THREAD

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Feb 4, 2014.

1. horndog

horndog Senior member

Neo's ranking this with GotG which I thought was terrible kinda frightens me for CW. Cap 1 and WS were great though so I'm hopeful and should see it this weekend.

2. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    Well argued as always.

If you want to believe the film was a "Cap film at heart" go right ahead and continue to do so. As I have said before, making that assertion is about as logical as saying X-Men 2 was a Wolverine film.

You can keep harping on the spoiler thing if you want. It's not like I didn't admit to it being a mistake on my part and fix it or anything. :sarcasm:

3. Jr Mouse

I'd rank this above GoTG mainly because I believe it will be far more re-watchable then GoTG was. The jokes that gave GoTG so much of it's charm quickly start to feel old and you begin to notice how paper thin the plot is after seeing it a few times.

4. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I really see a reason to waste time arguing with you when it's pretty much going to end with "I say so and you're wrong" anyways.

You want to think that think others have no right to think otherwise and are just damn morons to disagree then fine, again I see no reason to argue with that kind of thinking.

Anyways....

Apocalypse embargo lifts today at 2pm PST

Simon Kinberg has supposedly confirmed that the next XMen film will be set in the 90s.

Also Singer on Deadpool crossing over...

Kinberg also claims Wolverine 3 has started filming and confirms it's R-rating...

5. Jr Mouse

Pretty much confirms the rumor that it's based on Old Man Logan. Rated R or not i'm not really sure how they can pull that one off considering:

One of the key plot points is you find out Logan was tricked into slaughtering all the other X-Men.

Will Fox be ok with showing that on screen? I'm not really sure.

6. dopey

dopey Senior member Dubiously Honored

So . . . is Ant Man worth renting?
    I am not really excited about it, because "who cares" but the consensus is "it's great" then I don't mind renting it.

7. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I think AntMan is worth a viewing, I found fun and entertaining even just to see the power itself. They also have AntMan & Wasp sequel coming so it wouldn't hurt to get a head start on it now or just wait til it airs on premium channels this year if you have access to that.

After Deadpools success, I don't think they'll be shy about it but they probably will just loosely adapt it.

With that said, it is also Jackmans last run was Wolvy so it would be nice that they go all out on a blaze of glory than just having another underwhelming film.

Last edited: May 9, 2016
  8. Jr Mouse

Yes worth renting. Ant-Man is pretty much a perfect example of a film I would label a "rental." See it once, be glad you did and move on.

9. Jr Mouse

After my post I was thinking they could handle the scene pretty much like it was in the comic and get away with it.

After all you only see him kill "bad guys." You see what he sees, not what is really happening

You are right that it would have to be a loose adaptation. After-all many of the main characters like Hulk and Red Skull are not available for use. I think it's as good a Wolverine story as any to have be his final in the role.

10. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Guardians of the Galaxy is my "favourite" MCU film but that doesn't necessarily make it the "best" if you know what I mean. I really enjoyed the wacky characters, the banter, the set pieces, the soundtrack, etc. It felt like the essence of comic books come to life. Those are all personal preferences.

Other posters will be quick to champion Iron Man and Captain America: Winter Soldier as superior films than GotG and I ain't mad at that.

Civil War, to me, is a nice combination of the charming zaniness of Guardians and the grounded sensibilities of the Cap franchise. That's just my take.

1 person likes this.
  11. Texasmade

Texasmade Senior member

For some reason I can't really get behind Ant-Man. I travel quite a bit and that's one of the options for the free in-flight entertainment and I still skip over it for other movies I've already seen.

12. Jr Mouse

It's all sight gags. Some good ones and all. Don't get me wrong. Just didn't have much of a plot and the villain was laughably bad. I'm still on the side of it being worth seeing once.

13. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

I thought Ant-Man was refreshingly good. Enjoyed its light tone.

1 person likes this.
  14. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I liked the Da Vinci Code and Angels & Demons so I am looking forward to this, didn't even know they were making another one.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

15. Neo_Version 7

16. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

I've followed Dan Brown in twitter, and had followed the production of Inferno. Was very pleased with both of those previous movies - and that Ron Howard is back suggests it'll be a good one again.

17. Jr Mouse

I didn't feel like Angels & Demons was nearly as good as Da Vinci Code.

18. Neo_Version 7

IIRC, they made a lot of significant changes when they adapted A&D to the big-screen. I remember liking the film though.

19. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I didn't read the book but wasn't A&D suppose to happen before DVC?

I like both though but DVC was definitely better overall. Plus it had Audrey Tautou!

20. dopey

dopey Senior member Dubiously Honored

Si. But for the ending, Inferno was pretty good. I look forward to watching the movie version (at home).