• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I didn't even consider that! It'll be an interesting experience in that regard.

I've read that the digital download versions of the films lack it too, save for the first film which FOX still has rights to.

John Williams actually wrote the opening theme with FOX's fanfair in mind. That's why it flows so well.

Last edited:

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Re-watched the holy trinity yesterday. It amazes me how well they still hold up. Did Harmy's Despecialized Editions and they are are worth the hype. It's a masterful re-cut and easily the best versions of the films available.

For reference:

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Re-watched the holy trinity yesterday. It amazes me how well they still hold up. Did Harmy's Despecialized Editions and they are are worth the hype. It's a masterful re-cut and easily the best versions of the films available.

That's impressive to see how intricate the "despecialization" was, but to me it's much ado about nothing. Really? Viewers are pissed because of dewbacks in the background of shots?

It's also intriguing how much it reveals Lucas to be a "tinerker" constantly changing things. I wasn't aware that that many "versions" of SW had been released.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

That's impressive to see how intricate the "despecialization" was, but to me it's much ado about nothing. Really? Viewers are pissed because of dewbacks in the background of shots?

It's also intriguing how much it reveals Lucas to be a "tinerker" constantly changing things. I wasn't aware that that many "versions" of SW had been released.

He changed far more then background shots. Greedo shooting first, "noooooo!" and the force ghost switch among the worse of them.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sony Pictures and Marvel Studios Find Their 'Spider-Man' Star and Director

Tom Holland Cast as the Web-Slinger, Jon Watts to Direct the Next Spider-Man Adventure,

Sony Pictures and Marvel Studios are proud to announce that after a full worldwide casting search, Tom Holland will play Peter Parker/Spider-Man in the next Spider-Man film, in theaters in IMAX and 3D on July 28, 2017. The film will be directed by Jon Watts, director of "Cop Car," the upcoming thriller that made its debut earlier this year at the Sundance Film Festival.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

"worldwide casting search" I'm sure.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The only rationale I've heard that makes sense for this is they want him to stay in the role a long time. Casting someone so young allows for him to grow with the role.

Still don't like it. Still don't think another high school Parker story is needed.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh so spiderboy is british too! Should've just assumed that at this point.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
willycheesesteak aka StyleForum's IGN aka ComicVine Gawd aka Kelvin Feige

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I'd like Chris Pine as Hal Jordan

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm not going to lie, I love the Paranormal Activity movies. Complete exploitation stuff, no redeeming social value, but good stuff.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads