Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc... FILM THREAD

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

Rewatched Jurassic Park last night. Still holds up. The 2nd and 3rd are terrible. I was considering going to see 4 tonight.

[​IMG]

2. Harold falcon

I read the novel but don't remember if this line was in it. I would not be surprised if it was a Sammy Jackson original.

[​IMG]

3. Harold falcon

[​IMG]

4. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Does that mean we'll get a 13-year-old Mary Jane? :inlove:

Last edited: Jun 13, 2015

5. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or

It's really bizarre. Everyone was saying this reboot was a good opportunity for them to bring in an older, more established Parker. Married and worrying about home life too. Easier to relate to for anyone over 20. Yet this is the route they want to go in? I don't understand it at all.

6. Neo_Version 7

I always liked this iteration of Spidey but from your description, is it weird that the first character I think of is Hawkeye in this current MCU?

And judging from Joss Whedon's resentment of Marvel wanting to get rid of the cabin scene altogether in AoU, I don't see them putting their marquee superhero in a similar situation to Barton. But who knows???

7. Jr Mouse

Well yes, I don't think it's what Marvel wants. It's the same Marvel that magically retcon'd the spider-marriage out of existence so Parker could date again and feel "younger" to readers. These are the same readers who have largely HATED this move over the years. Marvel doesn't always make the best choices for it's properties.

8. lefty

lefty Senior member

9. Neo_Version 7

Well, how do you expect little 8-year-old Timmy from across the street to relate to a Spider-Man that's worried about the wife and baby?? We want a Peter Parker getting shoved into lockers (*sigh*..again), Uncle Ben getting shot (...again), and "funny" scenes with him discovering his powers (....again...).

Sadly, with these casting choices, it's looking more and more likely :(

10. Jr Mouse

Last edited: Jun 13, 2015

11. Neo_Version 7

Give him some acne, nasally voice, a hunched back...SOMETHING!!

Last PP was already straight out of Urban Outfitters. That kid looks like he walked off a junior A&F ad......

12. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Honestly, despite being a tad too hip, I really liked Garfield as Spidey.

13. grundletaint

grundletaint Senior member

If little Timmy can't relate to a dude who is a fucking spider and does karate and shoots webs and flies around goddamn skyscrapers then little Timmy needs to find a new hobby and stop ruining shit for the rest of us.

I don't remember ever really giving a shit about Peter Parker's trials of puberty when I was a kid. He's a fucking spider!

14. Jr Mouse

You don't remember it because it didn't really happen that way. He was in High School when the bite happened. Which just adds to the absurdity of focusing casting on kids who looks as young as these boys do.

What a lot of people, and apparently Marvel, forget is that when these comics were first written the characters aged in real time. Parker grew older with the readers. It wasn't till he was out of High School that the creators realized they needed to slow down his aging if they wanted to keep the character from growing into an old man over time. In the whole of Spider-Man's long comic history he only had a few years in High School. It was never what defined the character and Marvel needs to let that stage of his life go in expanded media.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2015

15. Neo_Version 7

^ Although I pretty much agree with you, could they just be worried about continuity? By that I mean, if Parker is a little older, he would have been Spider-Man-ing for a while now. We probably would of heard of him considering he's a pretty big fixture in NYC. Unless I'm just feeding into Marvel's BS :brick: