Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc... FILM THREAD

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Bring back Blade!!

2. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Blade should make a cameo in the Netflix shows, add in Punisher and Ghost Rider too.

3. Texasmade

Texasmade Senior member

Just saw it tonight and I really liked it.

4. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    I'd love to see a Punisher show with the same tone and feel of Daredevil. It could end up working extremely well.

5. Reggs

Reggs Senior member

A while ago there was talk of them making a Blade movie that would show the orgion of Deacon Frost, the villain in the first movie. I think it got washed away by how bad 2008 was for business.

6. Jr Mouse

Actually the current rumor is they are not going to kill off the X-Men or even end all their titles. The plan is to:

Send them off into space. A future storyline will show that the Inhuman's mists are killing mutants to they all have to leave earth. Yes that's right. The plan is to tie in the mutant exile with the damn Inhumans. Ugh.

7. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

JFC, man, that sounds even worse. I guess they're trying to prevent Fox from making good movies, but it sounds like they'll just be hurting themselves? This is....literally a long-standing joke for franchises that have run out of ideas.
    ___ in Space :fu:

(The Inhumans of Agent of Shield are also kind of a snooze).

Last edited: May 25, 2015

8. grundletaint

grundletaint Senior member

Topher Grace....

Bahahahahahahahhahaaaaaaaa

9. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I wonder why?

Could it be that Marvel has an Inhumans film coming up?

That the Inhumans was the center of Agents of Shield show in the second half of season2?

Or that Marvel can't use the word "mutants" in any of their show and films?

Hmmm...

10. Neo_Version 7

Marvel just being petty. Simple as that

11. Jr Mouse

I don't like it, but at the end of the day it's in Marvel's best interests to not promote mutants in the comics until they can either get the rights back or make a similar deal with Fox that they did Sony.

Problem is the Inhumans will never be a mutant replacement. The only thing that has proven itself to be even remotely interesting about the Inhumans in the royal family.

12. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

But the thing is Marvel still gets a percentage of profit from all Marvel films Fox does so why not just ride it along and get the money without any investment tot eh franchises at all? Its like free money.

Disney/Marvel also owns part of the merchandising rights for these Fox films (like they do with Spidey) and they didn't even make merchandise for DoFP. Not even cartoons that they do not seem to be rolling out as much as they can that are plain bad (New Avengers, Amazing Spidey and Agents of SMASH and upcoming GotG).

To me, it doesn't make much sense because Fox aren't going to be returning these titles anytime soon so it looks like Disney/Marvel is flushing money down the toilet by being petty.

13. Jr Mouse

I don't know. It depends. If the new FF movie bombs then it would really only be X-Men that has proved successful for Fox. I'd also argue that they dodged a bullet with First Class since Last Stand went a long way towards screwing the franchise up. Had it not worked, I'm not sure how much more investment Fox would have put into these characters. We certainly wouldn't have got DoTFP.

Deadpool is untested as is the proposed New Mutants films. Another stumble or two and maybe Fox would be more willing to make better terms with Marvel? That could be Disney's long term play here. Ride it out, hope Fox can't make their shared universes work and gain back some of the control Marvel lost in the past.

14. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

X3 was the highest grossing X-Film til DofP though so that was considered a success in Fox's eyes. Apocalypse is likely going to shatter DoFPs box office too so that is likely a safe bet for them coming off DofP.

Even Wolverine made $60m more than 1st Class and it feels like I am the only one who enjoyed that film. :lol:

F4 I could see doing $400m easily these days with international numbers being more relevant than domestic. The first two were at $330m and $290m. Budget for this one is supposedly on $120m.

Deadpool is shooting at a much smaller budget and so far it actually looks great and true to the comics, I can see it doing Lucy numbers (just comparing R-rated action flicks) which would be a big success. All it really has to make is around $300m with less than $100m budget and it'll be good.

Fox's revenue expectations/standards aren't as high as that of Marvel or Sony, they do not need to make billion blockbusters to keep churning out films, they can double their budget and deem it a success. It's like CWs tv ratings being much lower to keep a show going in comparison to the other major networks (Supermatural already got renewed for season 11 for gods sake :lol: ).

Last edited: May 26, 2015

15. Neo_Version 7

For the record, I liked Wolverine too. Just didn't like what they did with Silver Samurai. And that "Sayonara" line was beyond cheesy. :lol: