Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc... FILM THREAD

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

I had no idea he was involved with the Dredd reboot and 28 Days Later. We need more of him and Rian Johnsons in Hollywood

Last edited: May 24, 2015

2. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Caleb: You tore up her picture.

Nathan: I'm gonna tear up the fuckin' dance floor, dude.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or

Nailed it.

4. Jr Mouse

Also no way was Venom worse then the Rhino in ASM2.

5. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Rhino is practically a non-villain, he amounts to nothing more than a thug in the film. Not even fair to compare the two as Venom was a major villain and failed big time.

6. Jr Mouse

He pretty much opened and closed the film so yes I would say he counts even if he wasn't the major villain. I'm a Paul Giamatti fan, but they role was garbage.

7. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

RR is supposed to be the oldest, the wisest, the braniest -- yet he looks like a baby, and they have to rely on exposition to convey his smarts? J Storm has been changed for politics -- always a good sign -- and Sue Storm is a dud.

Sure, the others sucked, but IMO, that's a terrible standard to judge this one by. Anything would be better. Also -- and I'm not sure anyone's mentioned this -- but Teller, great ac-ting and all, 1000% sucked in those Divergent films. It's going to come down to the people standing behind him pulling his strings, and you can only hope it's not the bean counters pulling the hardest.

Plus: WHERE IS HIS GRAY BAND OF HAIR! First Nick Fury, and now this? Marvel: How you vex me so! If Sherlock Holmes ain't flashing some gray, I'm dunzo...

The best possible thing they could do would be to have 2/3 of the FF called away to wherever they go when the Avengers rule shit and use a split screen tp have Chris Evans reprise his original role.

8. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

As mentioned before, Ultimates F4 had the whole team young, I think even younger actually.

As for the grey hair, again dude is young so grey hair won't make sense, Reed didn't have it in the Ultimates comics. Also, Marvel Studios isn't doing the film.

I think everyone here agrees we are just judging base on the trailers so obviously it is not going to be the best way to gauge a film but it is what we have so far and like I said, I already see something I like better than the first two films. It is no different than everyone saying it already sucks based on the trailer alone, I'm bot even saying this film will be better for sure but I do see something to look forward to.

9. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

Unfortunately, I've already used my Ultimates card to explain away all the superhero movies I hated. This one's got to be done right. :violin:

FF is a classic, and IMO, it should have that classic feel, not the younger, sexier, more inclusive vibe that torpedos every other older franchise, ever.

And I am sad to hear it's not a Marvel movie, the reason I cared in the first place. :facepalm:

In other upsetting news, my local comic shop owners are telling me Disney and Marvel are practically at fisticuffs and after Secret Wars or whatever, one may even kill off the X-men (or the titles) to spite the other. Maybe that's all old news to all of you. I was quite scandalized. :cry:

10. Neo_Version 7

I personally prefer classic F4 to any other version but the Ultimate iteration was quite fun. My favourite story was when they awoke Namor. Speaking of Namor, who owns his rights??

11. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Huh? Disney owns Marvel.

Marvel are killing off or ending comics that Fox handles.

12. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I am not really sure at this point, supposedly Universal but some reports are saying Marvel can use him if they want. It's probably Universal who owns distributing rights similar to solo Hulk films, Marvel can't make them because Universal owns the distributing rights and there are some complications in that contract.

13. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

Yes! That's what I meant. I just don't see how that could be, though. I'm sure there are literally dozens of X-Men titles, and Wolverine seems to be the most profitable character of all time.

(I just don't want All-New to go away. Old costume guys plus current guys plus Bendis = ecstatic noob).

14. Neo_Version 7

He's such a badass character if done right. Not sure how he'll translate on the big screen though. He always reminded me of a more dick-ish Thor. I guess kind of like a Loki in that case.

15. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I would love to see a Rater R Namor film with him being an anti-hero.

Marvel is holding grudges because they offered Fox to keep Daredevil longer in exchange to use Silver Surfer and they said no. So now they are killing off Wolverine, Deadpool and stopping development of new XMen characters and halting F4 books, coincidentally all property by Fox.