• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official Styleforum necktie! Eric Glennie wants to innovate your closet. IN or OUT?

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eric glennie
Thanks for the heads up. I maybe insane, but my feet are firmly on the ground. I have a family and I wouldnt put my home in financial jeaopardy for a hope and a prayer. I am having fun with fashion and the man's wardrobe. I
Dude, don't trust that Swiss nutjob lakewolf. We are as on the level as your designs.

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Eric, I say this in all honesty

I appreciate your creativity and will to push the boundaries.

That indeed is not an easy task and as in any other field where innovators have worked, you could miss a hundred but hit one, and this one could be the breaktrhough that opens the new path.

IMHO, your dessigns don't appeal me, and this is because we, the men who wear suits and ties are looking for traditional, timeless elegance.

Maybe your designs just go on the opposite way and this then doesn't match what we look for.

The fashion industry and women fashion in particular is another story and maybe there will be your hit.

I see easily a fashion wave that takes on your necklace idea for example, like last year when many women here were wearing loose and flashy mens' styled ties... It was a short vogue anyway, but surely the people who manufactured those women's ties made some money in the process.

That are my little 0.02

P.S. Yes I am maybe a nutjob, but I don't go fooling around other people.

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lakewolf
I am sorry to state the obvious eric,

But please realize that Dopey is just fooling you, and don't invest money on this farce ....

He is the laughing man, he is very Dopey ha ha ( read his sig.... )

I don't know why this is so hard to understand. I have said this before and will say it again and I say what I mean and mean what I say: I will buy an Eric Glennie original design official design styleforum tie. I think it would be very cool if this got done and I would support he project with my purchase.

It is as simple as that.

I have enjoyed the window into the bizarre world of Eric Glennie, fashion innovator and I am willing to pay him back for that pleasure by buying one of his ties IF, and ONLY if, he gets up off his butt and tries to get something done in the real world by designing a prototype and getting it made and distributed. A styleforum tie is the easiest of projects and the color scheme is practically delivered to him. All he has to to do is show he is serious by focusing on the project at hand, seeing how many people he can line up while ignoring the naysayers, and if he has enough, getting it done. This is tough love people. I am trying to hold his feet to the fire so he can learn to fly with the eagles. You just want to rain on his parade so can look yourselves in the mirror.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Hey Eric, if it is an Official Styleforum tie, how come I haven't been contacted about this? I greenlight this type of thing (or not). You're a businessman, so I'm sure you understand
smile.gif
Strictly pay to play. Fok.

Fok...mod to mod...this is gonna be a goldmine! The payday weve been waiting for all these years. Now, how do we squeeze that peskyass J out of it? Eric...just so you know...Lakshmi Mittal is a member here, I am pretty sure he will buy a thousand of them....just as a starting order. Get to work! Less postin' more cuttin'.

eric glennie

Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
Fok...mod to mod...this is gonna be a goldmine! The payday weve been waiting for all these years. Now, how do we squeeze that peskyass J out of it?

Eric...just so you know...Lakshmi Mittal is a member here, I am pretty sure he will buy a thousand of them....just as a starting order. Get to work! Less postin' more cuttin'.

Who is Lakshmi Mittal? Big player in the biz?

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who is Lakshmi Mittal? Big player in the biz?
Indian steel billionaire impersonated by troll poster on this forum some years back. Remember: google is your friend.

eric glennie

Reaction score
Holy Crap! Just looked at the spring 08 Lagerfeld show and found this doosy. Doesnt this men's jacket look cool with Lagerfeld's jacket. Very similar styles and thinking. Do you guys still think I am nuts, or are you just misunderstood. EG is high fashion menswear. Check out the cut out styling.

eric glennie

Reaction score
Here is another example of taking cut out designs from a beautiful couture, Valentino gown and translating into menswear. The gown is a cutout style exhibiting a womens shoulder and neckline and the gown has SLEEVES. The shoulder and neckline area has been cutout of this gown. My menswear cutout jacket style also exhibits a mans shoulders but instead of showing skin as the background like in women, men will expose their shirt color. The Eric Glennie jacket has the shoulder area cut out of the jacket and yet has sleeves just like a Valentino cut out gown. MY JACKETS ARE VESTS WITH SLEEVES. Does menswear still think EG is crazy, or am I misunderstood. The greatest womenswear designers use cutout styling on gowns, so why cant the same philosophy translate to menswear.

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley
^^ I looks like the tie is sticking its tongue out.

To be honest, that's exactly what I thought.
tounge.gif

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Either that or its fly is open.

futumpsh

Reaction score
eric .... LEAVE US ALONE !

there is no dignity in your pipe dreams.

eric glennie

Reaction score
Does anyone have any contacts or recommendations of a womens shoe manufacturer that loves to push the envelope in styling. I am working on a kick ass style?

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Does anyone have any contacts or recommendations of a womens shoe manufacturer that loves to push the envelope in styling. I am working on a kick ass style?

I think Carlo Franco can help you there, too.

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
A purpose-built shoe for kicking asses. Now that is a need unfulfilled.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads