• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official Stone Island thread

Maxwellll

Reaction score
I like a lot of Stone Island's outerwear and some of the knitwear, can skip the rest as its nothing special.

The prices this year are getting wild now though, certain stuff is almost double what it would have been priced at a few years ago. Seen a lot of complaints about that but I suppose the rise in popularity is offsetting the loss of older customers, so, up the €€ go!

grayfox

Reaction score
Being in western Canada, seeing people wear the brand just looks silly to me. I can really appreciate some of the outerwear pieces but everything else just to 'logo flash' feels quite ingenuine to me. The market here isn't there for the interesting fabrics being used, but the 'streetwear' status.

Then again I'm never really discussing the brand with anyone outside of this forum, but it is my perception of the brand where I live.

Also the football fanatic cult status makes the brand even more juvenile honestly

djan

Reaction score
It is just a trendy streetwear brand in nowadays. I think more popular than ever within EU. As a football (soccer for you) fan, I've followed SI for a long time. I like the brand and still got some pieces.

Last edited:

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Stone Island will always have that football cult following. I do like that for the most part I've never seen anyone wearing it around here. I dont think i've ever seen anyone wear it locally who wasnt a tourist (assuming from Europe) and it was pretty obvious in the gear he would be wearing that he was also into football. But there's a big flagship store in town so some mainstream locals must be wearing it, tho I've yet to ever see anyone. Some brands will always have that cult following (Fred Perry, Dr Martens, Stone Island, etc) and sometimes it seems those brands want to distance themselves from it, but it's like the subculture around the label is larger than the label itself so the connotations are inescapable.

kenobiwren

Reaction score
Hi there, I'm new to the forum and relatively new to collecting stone island but i was just wondering if anyone could assist me with checking the authenticity of a shirt i picked up. I have checked the ART. number on the checker website and it has told me the shirt is real but a sample, i have never come past a sample before and was curious as to how much it would be worth and as to whether the website was telling me the truth as i am very confused. The tags are still attached but i will post some pictures below of the shirt.
Many Thanks.
IMG_1803.jpg
IMG_1804.jpg

IMG_1797.jpg
IMG_1798.jpg
IMG_1799.jpg
IMG_1801.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads