• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official Stone Island thread

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Not sure if one exists, if it does Mods feel free to point me to it and delete this thread. But if not, seems like a SW&D forum def needs one.

tbh, while I've been well aware of Stone Island for a long time, I only started wearing it about 5 or 6 years ago, but it's become one of the first labels that I look to when I'm in the market for new gear. Any other diehard fans?

Jerkstore

Reaction score
I'm a fan. Been successful in the last two years grabbing everything I wanted on sale for 50%+ off. The prices are just OD at retail, but on sale I am all over it.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
out of curiosity, are guys into it because of the football connections to the label in europe...? or because of the newfound mainstream interest due to Drake etc wearing it.

for me, it's always been an "outsider" brand, so it was a bit odd to see it being worn among trendsters, but like all brands that used to have cult status, the normies eventually figure it out too

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
stoney is huge in england. not sure why it bypasses the SF crowd, i think age is prob a factor

edit: GS, stone island had strong football casual ties in the late 80s/90s, and that association worked against it through the 00s. but around.. 2010? there was a huge revival among young fashion/clubber types. its now probably THE most desirable true streetwear label in the UK (i'm excluding things like off white etc as thats more fashionwear if you see what i mean)

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
stoney is huge in england. not sure why it bypasses the SF crowd, i think age is prob a factor

yea definitely. english football fans brought the label to its cult status. It's now HUGE in eastern europe, and it's also gotten quite a big following in Japan now.

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i now see fashion types mixing some of the older pieces with yohji and comme- the garment dyed jackets, for example

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
American soccer and Stoney.... I would agree that there's not much connection there since there never was one to begin with. Tho most all of my friends in USA that wear SI are very much into the subculture aspect of the label, and are into football. While I love the brand, I like the more simplistic and minimal pieces, and not so much the really overdesigned stuff that's all shiny and have crazy prints. I pretty much live in the joggers during summer months.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
I love some of the down jackets but living in SoCal it's pointless and not very wearable. The soft shell jackets are some of my faves tho, can be worn a good 4-5 months here, i like that fabric, and the designs are always minimal. The one thing I need to expand more of is Stoney knitwear, I have a few sweaters but could always use a few more lightweight ones.

The one item I've yet to see made, that I really want, is their jogger in a dark red/burgundy. That would make my SI jogger life complete.

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i get that the understated pieces are more wearable but some of their proprietary fabrics- the metallic sheen ones for example- look amazing irl

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Yea maybe it’s my age factoring in to not liking the proprietary out-there materials. This is pretty much my summer uniform (replace shorts with joggers when not stupid hot)

Attachments

• 079EBBCB-67EE-4638-921C-87CD83E3F0C9.jpeg
    079EBBCB-67EE-4638-921C-87CD83E3F0C9.jpeg
    287 KB · Views: 333
Last edited:

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the brand, but I don't understand the choice of the logo being so pronounced...

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Just picked up this soft shell hoodie. Have it in black, was super excited to see a burgundy shade

Attachments

• 40D90057-5833-4FC5-89AF-45CDEF3227EF.jpeg
    40D90057-5833-4FC5-89AF-45CDEF3227EF.jpeg
    98 KB · Views: 342

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads