• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official: STAR WARS THREAD. These are the droids you're looking for. **WARNING MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
38 gigs for 1080p and 84 gigs for 4K though...

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
38 gigs for 1080p and 84 gigs for 4K though...
My PC has a BluRay burner that can handle the dual layer discs. Very easy to burn. I have no experience with 4K so I would assume a USB drive would work. Plug into newer TVs and it should play the movie.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can compress 4k to 20-25 gb without losing any quality (at least as far as I can't tell). Evey at 15 gb you get really good quality.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
This again?
Is it really so hard to distinguish the suspension of disbelief necessary to accept the premises of any speculative fiction from judgments about whether the presence or absence of things like internal logical consistency or relatable character motivations add up to compelling story telling?

I mean sure that’s true. Thing is Disney took over the franchise and decided to release sequels films nearly the decades later. They had a choice to make. Either bring back the same actors in their beloved rolls, recast them or start completely fresh. They made the best choice and brought the actors back.

So where did that leave them? They were forced to jump decades into the future to more closely match the actors ages. Otherwise they would have been happy to start closer to the end of ROTJ and not have had complaining fans wondering what the hell happened during those “missing” thirty years.

I guess they could have started our TFA with a montage of what’s been going on all those years or had a character spell all the little details out in an extended exposition scene. Personally I’m glad they put trust in their fans to understand that the holes in the backstory will be filled in over time. Via books, games, shows and comics. Just like the old EU was often used for.

Last edited:

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Been around for a little while, but really blowing up with the youths right now.

Personally, I think it is pretty funny when used well...but well on track for being massively overused to the point of meaninglessness.

I nice reflection back on a demeaning "ok kiddo," perfect for someone who is not quite old enough for an "ok grandpa." Burgeoned by a few boomers getting their panties in a fit over it.

Ok boomer.

Ataturk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wow, the mandalorian sucked. One lazy ripoff of the original movies after another after another. The lead can't keep up his boba fett impression for more than 10 minutes before he starts cracking wise and talking to himself like Harrison Ford. And the plot is about as bland and cliched as you could imagine.

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haven't seen Mandalorian yet, i'll check if friends of my uncle Skidrow have it.

I guess they could have started our TFA with a montage of what’s been going on all those years or had a character spell all the little details out in an extended exposition scene. Personally I’m glad they put trust in their fans to understand that the holes in the backstory will be filled in over time. Via books, games, shows and comics. Just like the old EU was often used for.

LOL it's just bad writing like respawning Dothraki, quite clearly for sake of new republic being underdogs again like rebels were.

I understand it doesn't bother you much and that's very fine, but cmon stop defending error in writing and pretend its actually very smart. This is like listening to Trump "the conversation was perfect" :rolleyes2:

Last edited:

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well I mean, it's not really fair attacking Star Wars as derivative since the very first one was just a remake of Kurosawa's Hidden Fortress anyway.

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well I mean, it's not really fair attacking Star Wars as derivative since the very first one was just a remake of Kurosawa's Hidden Fortress anyway.

Ever heard of Dam Busters?

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
No but I heard of Dave and Busters

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads