• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official: STAR WARS THREAD. These are the droids you're looking for. **WARNING MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you guys discovered Star Wars 4k77? Sort of like Harmy's project to restore the original Star Wars movie but this crew uses film rather than a mix of sources. I was able to burn Star Wars (4k77) and ROTJ (4k83) on to dual layer Blu-ray. 4k versions available as well. Restoration is from original film with zero Special Edition silliness. They look great. Team is now working on ESB (4k80).

Posting this as I saw that Disney is putting the 4k Special Editions up in their new streaming service.

Here's info about Harmy's version. It's pretty good actually.

Last edited:

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
mandalorial mst3000.jpg

3 thumbs up

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The gap between the successful rebellion and crushing the Empire and the First Order makes no sense in the films, but I am sure there can be lots of fan fiction and supplemental works that explain it. I was interested in Snoke, but who he was and where he came from was never explained. But now, I don't really care.
Maybe part 3 will re-kindle my interest.

What made no sense was the idea that blowing up the second Death Star and “killing” the guy in charge would suddenly make the Empire go away. This was an operation that had taken over the galaxy. If anything the revised Disney timeline makes more sense. Of course the Empire wouldn’t have been completely toppled and I have no problem believing that it could have continued to be an issue decades later.

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are all the eps available at once? If so I may sign up for Disney Plus

There is only the single episode available out in the wild so I believe they are releasing them one at a time

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What made no sense was the idea that blowing up the second Death Star and “killing” the guy in charge would suddenly make the Empire go away. This was an operation that had taken over the galaxy. If anything the revised Disney timeline makes more sense. Of course the Empire wouldn’t have been completely toppled and I have no problem believing that it could have continued to be an issue decades later.

The end of trilogy makes it apparent, the Empire was defeated. The way it was shown in for example Jedi Knight game series makes a lot of sense, you know struggle against remnant of Empire, local governors, usurpers etc.

The way the movie did it was showing Empire in basically its prime in both movies and New Republic being as weak as Rebels in episode 4-5, in my mind makes little sense.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The end of trilogy makes it apparent, the Empire was defeated. The way it was shown in for example Jedi Knight game series makes a lot of sense, you know struggle against remnant of Empire, local governors, usurpers etc. The way the movie did it was showing Empire in basically its prime in both movies and New Republic being as weak as Rebels in episode 4-5 which makes little sense.
I loved the Jedi Knight games. Waiting to see some reviews of Fallen Order on PC before I buy as it looks more like console game.

brokencycle

Reaction score
I loved the Jedi Knight games. Waiting to see some reviews of Fallen Order on PC before I buy as it looks more like console game.

I was hoping it would be more like KOTR, but what little I've seen so far is it looks more like a platform game than RPG.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The end of trilogy makes it apparent, the Empire was defeated. The way it was shown in for example Jedi Knight game series makes a lot of sense, you know struggle against remnant of Empire, local governors, usurpers etc.

For a guy who spends a lot of time arguing about “realism” in a film series containing laser swords, telekinesis, mind control and aliens, you sure seen willing to take the parts you like at face value. I loved the OT, but don’t kid yourself into thinking that it’s “realistic” that the Empire at nearly full strength would have been taken completely out when it’s leader was killed. There would have certainly been more then enough strength left in the Empire to be a problem for a while to come.

Maybe it’s better to not get too caught up in your perceived “realism” failings and try to enjoy these films for the fictional stories they tell.

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For a guy who spends a lot of time arguing about “realism” in a film series containing laser swords, telekinesis, mind control and aliens, you sure seen willing to take the parts you like at face value. I loved the OT, but don’t kid yourself into thinking that it’s “realistic” that the Empire at nearly full strength would have been taken completely out when it’s leader was killed. There would have certainly been more then enough strength left in the Empire to be a problem for a while to come.

Maybe it’s better to not get too caught up in your perceived “realism” failings and try to enjoy these films for the fictional stories they tell.

They lost half of their fleet(at least as we saw it) and their main base, they continued to be a problem and occasionally gain upper hand s New Republic as we saw in Jedi Knight series which makes a lot of sense. But it was a struggle of roughly equal foes.

Problem is it was not shown or told how you come from massive victory @ Endor to a band of ragged peasants that can muster 30 x-wings or so.

This is a respawning Dorthaki situation and idk why you exactly think it deserves a pass, especially when you compare it to Rogue 1 which went out its way to fit in to Star Wars lore.

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ps. It did not spend extra-time thinking the dynamic between FO and NR makes little sense it was one of the things that came to my mind watching the film in the cinema. Believe me I'd rather stay immersed in a story than notice details like that, but since it happened I don't see how it is exactly my fault lol

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
They lost half of their fleet(at least as we saw it) and their main base, they continued to be a problem and occasionally gain upper hand s New Republic as we saw in Jedi Knight series which makes a lot of sense. But it was a struggle of roughly equal foes.

Problem is it was not shown or told how you come from massive victory @ Endor to a band of ragged peasants that can muster 30 x-wings or so.

This is a respawning Dorthaki situation and idk why you exactly think it deserves a pass, especially when you compare it to Rogue 1 which went out its way to fit in to Star Wars lore.
They also lost not only the second deathstar, a huge portion of their fleet and the emperor, but also his chief enforcer/second in command in Darth Vader. And the rebels had the most powerful force user in a long time on their side. The OT ended in a rout of the empire. If someone wants to explain why that was not the case, fine. But it seemed more like the producers just wanted to redo the original series again in TFA so handwaved that the good guys who won the OT were back to being rebels and the empire was recast as the new order so everyone could reprise their old roles.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads