• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official: STAR WARS THREAD. These are the droids you're looking for. **WARNING MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS

brokencycle

Reaction score
Maybe you didn't enjoy the movies because you watched 100s of hours of critical reviews before seeing them.... wait you did actually watch the movies, right?

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I did not watch or read a lot of reviews, but I thought the last two sequels were not that good at all, except as visual treats. Last Jedi in particular was bad and much worse on re-watch then I thought at first. Oddly, I thought the Finn/Rose plot was especially bad when I first saw the film, but minded it less when I saw it the second time - that diversion was little more fun. But Rey/Kylo got much worse. Same with Po, Leia, Luke, and Laura Dern.

I enjoyed the first sequel because it made me feel excited about a new start for the franchise and looked great. But The Last Jedi failed to deliver.

My interest in the final installment is near zero in terms of going to see it in the theater, though I am sure I will eventually watch it

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Same^^

brokencycle

Reaction score
I did not watch or read a lot of reviews, but I thought the last two sequels were not that good at all, except as visual treats. Last Jedi in particular was bad and much worse on re-watch then I thought at first. Oddly, I thought the Finn/Rose plot was especially bad when I first saw the film, but minded it less when I saw it the second time - that diversion was little more fun. But Rey/Kylo got much worse. Same with Po, Leia, Luke, and Laura Dern.

I enjoyed the first sequel because it made me feel excited about a new start for the franchise and looked great. But The Last Jedi failed to deliver.

My interest in the final installment is near zero in terms of going to see it in the theater, though I am sure I will eventually watch it

I'm the opposite. I found Force Awakens to be derivative. Oh, Death Star 3 that was easily destroyed.

I also want to understand where the First Order came from. The OT sets the setting. Big bad empire, small rebel force fighting for good. We left Episode 6 thinking the Rebellion won and established a new republic. Now the Republic feels like rebels again and they're fighting this massive imperial-esque military.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

brokencycle was hating on wojt who as usual learned everything from YouTube channels of....a certain variety let's just say.... and spent far more time watching them then it would have taken to see the movie. He then proceeded to **** endlessly on a movie he never saw because some incels told him to.

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm the opposite. I found Force Awakens to be derivative. Oh, Death Star 3 that was easily destroyed.
It was derivative. That worked for me because it washed the bad taste of the prequels away and served as a re-set, bringing back the feel and grandeur of the OT. Or at least felt like it could be setting that up. I get that it might not have worked for you and might have just seemed like retreading old ground.

In my opinion, The Last Jedi failed to deliver on anything, and the main characters were both small and uninteresting.
I also want to understand where the First Order came from. The OT sets the setting. Big bad empire, small rebel force fighting for good. We left Episode 6 thinking the Rebellion won and established a new republic. Now the Republic feels like rebels again and they're fighting this massive imperial-esque military.
The gap between the successful rebellion and crushing the Empire and the First Order makes no sense in the films, but I am sure there can be lots of fan fiction and supplemental works that explain it. I was interested in Snoke, but who he was and where he came from was never explained. But now, I don't really care.
Maybe part 3 will re-kindle my interest.

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I agree, still I would place derivative 7 over 8 which gave many plot lines terrible endings.

brokencycle was hating on wojt who as usual learned everything from YouTube channels of....a certain variety let's just say.... and spent far more time watching them then it would have taken to see the movie. He then proceeded to **** endlessly on a movie he never saw because some incels told him to.

I saw the movie. Did not like it. My crime was I commented on some of the plot lines endings before seeing it as I saw spoilers before. Movie turned out to be slightly better than advertised but still it was a ******* trainwreck.

Anyways am I now allowed to comment the movie and have different opinion from you ;) ?

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As long as you watched the movies, you may **** on it.

Well I have(long time ago too) and I said it multiple times in this thread, but guy like Edina is only interested to run off this forum because I disagreed with him over something on internet like 4 years ago or something. Not petty and pathetic at all I guess that's totally must be normal behaviour in Atlanta I guess.

brokencycle

Reaction score
I agree, still I would place derivative 7 over 8 which gave many plot lines terrible endings.

I saw the movie. Did not like it. My crime was I commented on some of the plot lines endings before seeing it as I saw spoilers before. Movie turned out to be slightly better than advertised but still it was a ******* trainwreck.

Anyways am I now allowed to comment the movie and have different opinion from you ;) ?

Did I say your can't have an opinion different than me? It is just a well known psychological phenomenon: reading/watching a bunch of negative reviews will anchor you to the negative opinion.

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did I say your can't have an opinion different than me? It is just a well known psychological phenomenon: reading/watching a bunch of negative reviews will anchor you to the negative opinion.

For sure it's better not to watch anything before a movie or next episode of series. Fair enough.

I can appreciate the fact a director tried something new, not derivative but main and side-plots did not work in my opinion. Would I mind it less if I haven't read the reviews and spoilers? Maybe, but I doubt I would do a full 180 and start loving it.

The movie still rubbed me the wrong way, but I could not really put my finger on it. Yesterday reading "Time Machine" it sort of struck me what bugged me so I pretty honestly wrote about it.

Last edited:

willy cheesesteak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
:slayer:

Screen Shot 2019-11-12 at 2.37.04 AM.png

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads