• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official: STAR WARS THREAD. These are the droids you're looking for. **WARNING MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Apparently, not that anyone cares, George Lucas has said that between 50 and 100 Jedi survived Order 66, with most abandoning the way in order to survive.
I just finished Jedi Survivor on the PC. Set between the trilogies. Lots of Jedi floating around after Order 66, laying low but trying to regroup. Vader shows up again just like in the first one.

Fun game overall. I skipped a lot of the side quest stuff as it was kind of dull and meaningless.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Apparently, not that anyone cares, George Lucas has said that between 50 and 100 Jedi survived Order 66, with most abandoning the way in order to survive.

When did he say that? It was clearly not his intention when he made the OT.

IMG_5759.jpeg

Honestly, it just goes to show how absurd arguing about cannon can be. Stories and plans change. Lucas hadn't even thought of Order 66 when the OT came out. The PT breaks many of the ideas of the original films. It's fine. It really doesn't matter even if one may not like it.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw this go by but recognize almost none of them.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

View attachment 1970639

Honestly, it just goes to show how absurd arguing about cannon can be. Stories and plans change. Lucas hadn't even thought of Order 66 when the OT came out. The PT breaks many of the ideas of the original films. It's fine. It really doesn't matter even if one may not like it.

You can just "No True Scotsman" that one...

If they abandoned the way (or turned to the dark side, became inquisitors, joined the Sith, whatever), then they are no longer Jedi, ergo no more Jedi.

Saw this go by but recognize almost none of them.

I have no desire to delve into cartoon-cannon, but isn't that list missing first sister, first brother, and second brother?

No idea who they are, and possible they died in the interim, but seems like they would have survived Order 66.

The emperor doesn't seem like one to play mind games like naming the first person "third brother" just so you might think there were 2 other brothers out there...he seems more likely to bestow "first" as an honorable title.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

If they abandoned the way (or turned to the dark side, became inquisitors, joined the Sith, whatever), then they are no longer Jedi, ergo no more Jedi.

I have no desire to delve into cartoon-cannon, but isn't that list missing first sister, first brother, and second brother?

No idea who they are, and possible they died in the interim, but seems like they would have survived Order 66.

The emperor doesn't seem like one to play mind games like naming the first person "third brother" just so you might think there were 2 other brothers out there...he seems more likely to bestow "first" as an honorable title.
The characters from Jedi Survivor were listed. The few I recognized.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I mean it's just hand-waving writers use to shoehorn in new characters into existing canon. "Yeah, but they weren't REALLY Jedi!"

It's fine. I really don't care. I grew up reading comics and they have been doing these kinds of continuity retcons for decades.

The longer any fictional exists the more of this you will see. It’s the nature of the beast. Star Wars is no exception.

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1970639

It was also 20 years between order 66 and when Yoda said this. Clearly some of those survivors would have died. And obviously Yoda can’t just “feel” them all so maybe he’s just wrongly assuming when he said this.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The Brother's/Sisters were never Jedis right? (I thought they were force sensitive, but never actual jedis//never got the actual full training and position)

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Doesn’t AHSOKA take place after ROTJ?

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I mean it's just hand-waving writers use to shoehorn in new characters into existing canon. "Yeah, but they weren't REALLY Jedi!"

It's fine. I really don't care. I grew up reading comics and they have been doing these kinds of continuity retcons for decades.

The longer any fictional exists the more of this you will see. It’s the nature of the beast. Star Wars is no exception.

This is one of the reasons they'd be well served to do a timeline jump. Either go post-ROTJ or Old Republic.

Trying to mine the increasingly limited space between the prequels and the OT really puts the writers in a box, especially with existing characters.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads