• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official: STAR WARS THREAD. These are the droids you're looking for. **WARNING MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Was trying to think, what are the other good ones? The one is Rogue One is very good. Death Star attack run in ANH is iconic of course.

Really those three are the best IMO.

For a small-scale, one on one ship battle it’s hard to beat Wrath of Kahn.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The Battlestar Galactica remake and Babylon 5 both had some great space battles too. TV budgets, but still well executed.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I pulled up some lists of best Star Wars space battles and saw people hyping the Battle of Coruscant from Revenge of the Sith.

It's terrible. It's mostly corny banter between Anakin and Obi-Wan as they zip around the battlefield, unmolested. Sure there's a whole bunch of big ships but there's no sense on consequence to any of it. It's more like an animated background than a meaningful battle. The whole thing is only four minutes but I was actively bored halfway through it.

And the droids. The droids are so annoying. I can never get over it with any of the prequels. Real shame that Lucas went with "aggressively obnoxious" as the main tone for those movies. Guess it plays to kids. Blows my mind that Gen Zers unironically like those movies.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I pulled up some lists of best Star Wars space battles and saw people hyping the Battle of Coruscant from Revenge of the Sith.

It's terrible. It's mostly corny banter between Anakin and Obi-Wan as they zip around the battlefield, unmolested. Sure there's a whole bunch of big ships but there's no sense on consequence to any of it. It's more like an animated background than a meaningful battle. The whole thing is only four minutes but I was actively bored halfway through it.

And the droids. The droids are so annoying. I can never get over it with any of the prequels. Real shame that Lucas went with "aggressively obnoxious" as the main tone for those movies. Guess it plays to kids. Blows my mind that Gen Zers unironically like those movies.
I thought the lightsaber duel at the end of TPM was great. First time seeing fully-capable Jedi going after each other. ROTJ fight was great but still Novice vs Aging Machine Man.

Last edited:

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I thought the lightsaber duel at the end of TPM was great. First time seeing fully-capable Jedi going after each other. ROTJ fight was great but still Novice vs Aging Machine Man.

The Darth Maul fight was definitely the best of the ones in the prequels. They get ridiculous in the later movies.

That plus Ray Park (Maul) was an actual martial artist, which always makes a fight come off better.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The Darth Maul fight was definitely the best of the ones in the prequels. They get ridiculous in the later movies.

I’m glad you’ve seen the light. :)

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Hey I'm still not forgiving the terrible fight in ROS.

We’ve gone over this. Return of Skywalker had a LOT of problems. The lightsaber battle wasn’t one of them. :wink:

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was trying to think, what are the other good ones? The one is Rogue One is very good. Death Star attack run in ANH is iconic of course.
Exosquad cartoon had a great space battle when the humans decloak and blast away at the Neosapian flagship.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Exosquad cartoon had a great space battle when the humans decloak and blast away at the Neosapian flagship.

That cartoon was amazing. I’d love to see someone take a crack at doing a modern version of it. Reboot or sequel series in the sane universe.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay, Millenials.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have Andor withdrawal and was watching some Youtube discussion about it (a mistake I know). Most of it is glowing, but some pretty high profile channels are just ******** all over it.

One of the bigger ones (3M+ subs) was very antagonistic, basically saying "It was all brilliantly done but I don't care about the character." They followed that up with "I'd love to see something bold but familiar, like a history of General Grievous."

And these fans are the problem. They want something well done, but also...nothing new, nothing that isn't immediately familiar and comforting, only nostalgia. It's like somehow they don't realize that the characters they love were new at some point (even us OT fans), and that you can't tell new compelling stories without trying something new occasionally.

"Well done nostaglia p0rn" gets you...the sequels.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads