• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official: STAR WARS THREAD. These are the droids you're looking for. **WARNING MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS

brokencycle

Reaction score

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a great review and also touches on my complaints about Episode 7: it just felt like a ****** remake of Episode 4. They couldn't even be bothered to come up with a unique existential threat - just Death Star 3.
If 4 never existed, then I would've enjoyed 7 more. But you're right that 7 just felt like a modernized remake of 4.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I thought Ep 7 felt like a modernized remix of all the OT. Not so much remake of any particular film.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was ok with Ep 7 because it felt like they were trying to establish that the new movies weren't going to be like the prequels. It was Star Wars again.

In retrospect it doesn't look so good.

This is a great review and also touches on my complaints about Episode 7: it just felt like a ****** remake of Episode 4. They couldn't even be bothered to come up with a unique existential threat - just Death Star 3.

And then in 9, they just...combined Star Destroyers with the Death Star. Why they needed a giant battle station just a year or two before for the same tech? Nah, not explained. How they managed to build literally hundreds of them, in secret, on an inaccessible planet, without access to external resources (the original Death Stars nearly bankrupted the entire Empire)? Nah, not explained.

The whole thing was intensely frustrating.

Last edited:

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was ok with Ep 7 because it felt like they were trying to establish that the new movies weren't going to be like the prequels. It was Star Wars again.

In retrospect it doesn't look so good.

And then in 9, they just...combined Star Destroyers with the Death Star. Why they needed a giant battle station just a year or two before for the same tech? Nah, not explained. How they managed to build literally hundreds of them, in secret, on an inaccessible planet, without access to external resources (the original Death Stars nearly bankrupted the entire Empire)? Nah, not explained.

The whole thing was intensely frustrating.
And how many times now has the Desth Star been destroyed? Like.... it made sense in OT to have two but now they're just retelling the same story.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Finally a solid Boba Fett episode. It just took it...not being about Boba.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Take Boba out, quality goes up...
It is the way.

The contrast really illustrates the problem facing Boba Fett. They took everything cool about Boba and gave it to Mando. Badass armor, quiet sense of menace, cool gadgets, fun action focused jaunts around the galaxy.

Boba could still have some of that, they just haven't used any of it in favor of...whatever it is they're trying to set up.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think when they were writing this, they must have realised it wasn't going anywhere, so we get Mando ex machina, to save Boba and the series.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My problem with B-fet is I can't answer these 2 question "who the hell is this guy and why should I give a ****." Seriously, he seems to want to take over the planet because, why? All the flashback scenes try and fill in his back story and make us root for him, but fail because he doesn't seem to exist as a person outside of being taken prisoner once and/or was a child on a water planet. Maybe the books or comics explain something, but having to have prior knowledge to give a **** rarely works. Mando wasn't a great show, but you knew who he was very early on.

Like I said earlier, station eleven nails this. After the first episode you know who the main characters are, and you can emphasize with their struggles.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very early on, you know that Peacemaker loves hair metal, and his penith is lesbian...
That's snappy character development.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very early on, you know that Peacemaker loves hair metal, and his penith is lesbian...
That's snappy character development.

He's a superficial, insecure douchebag who's dad abused him, so yea it does.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads