• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official: STAR WARS THREAD. These are the droids you're looking for. **WARNING MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'd love to see a show about Doctor Aphra. Think female Han Solo/Indiana Jones with a harder edge. One of the break out hit characters since they relaunched the comics.

30633BE5-BAA0-40E3-9A1C-2D7990F4CF43.jpeg
0A3EDD49-CFD2-45CA-95DB-1341183807C8.jpeg

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd love to see a show about Doctor Aphra. Think female Han Solo/Indiana Jones with a harder edge. One of the break out hit characters since they relaunched the comics.

View attachment 1738417 View attachment 1738418
I think Disney's best bet is to do these types of spinoffs or Rogue Squadron type stuff and not add to the OT. Too much fanboy complaining when the OT is added on to.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think Disney's best bet is to do these types of spinoffs or Rogue Squadron type stuff and not add to the OT. Too much fanboy complaining when the OT is added on to.

It's going to be a long time before we see another trilogy. I'm all for the spin offs, but at some point they will need to advance the universe beyond ROS. Otherwise we will be stuck in the timelines of the three trilogies forever.

Last edited:

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Having watched the first 3 EPs of B-Fett and it feels so lazy. The use of flashbacks is inexplicable, and just doesn't make any sense. If they are using it to dramatize B, why the hell didn't they just do the entire backstory as the first 2-3 episodes? What are they trying to accomplish? It doesn't add any drama because we know everything is just a prop to B taking over as the domino. Seriously, I almost laughed when the group of bikers that B beat the **** out of using the sand peoples training wiped out those "fierce warriors" without any apparent problems.

We'll run your protection ring, we're the baddest dudes in the Dude Sea!

<they all die immediately without even seeing the fight>

Oh, ok.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My wife and I finished the last episode of Station Eleven after episode 3 last night, and there could not be a more stark example of how to use flashbacks to tell an incredible, compelling and powerful story.
That show has been a happy surprise...

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not all the projects will be strong.
Especially since Disney seems committed to cranking out as much as possible as quickly as possible. Maximizing short term profit isn't a recipe for good quality.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Especially since Disney seems committed to cranking out as much as possible as quickly as possible. Maximizing short term profit isn't a recipe for good quality.

They've got a bunch in the pipeline, but so far they've only done two live action shows in three years. Marvel's gotten four, plus "What If", in less time, and the quality has been pretty good.

Definitely seems like they rushed the movie trilogy.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
To be fair, they were testing the waters with Mando. To see if it worked. Once they realized it was a hit, they put a bunch more Disney+ projects in the pipeline.

With the MCU they went into Disney+ with much more confidence it would work. So they launched with several projects in the pipeline.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Marvel had a solid track record and creative team already in place when Disney bought it. The Start Wars purchase was much more based on potential than recent production. Disney hasn't managed it well- Rogue One was really the only good Disney era movie (though I liked Solo) and the TV side has been a mixed bag.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Marvel had a solid track record and creative team already in place when Disney bought it. The Start Wars purchase was much more based on potential than recent production. Disney hasn't managed it well- Rogue One was really the only good Disney era movie (though I liked Solo) and the TV side has been a mixed bag.

Let's not forget the last three films before Disney ranged from terrible to pretty bad (four, if you hate Ewoks...). In face, the Star Wars label has never been some kind of guarantee of quality in film and TV terms. Most of the better stuff has come in books and comics and had nothing to do with Lucas.

willy cheesesteak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what the star wars/lucasfilm team at disney needs is someone like kevin feige and his team at marvel studios

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let's not forget the last three films before Disney ranged from terrible to pretty bad (four, if you hate Ewoks...). In face, the Star Wars label has never been some kind of guarantee of quality in film and TV terms. Most of the better stuff has come in books and comics and had nothing to do with Lucas.
And cartoons. Some of the cartoons were great.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

For me, Rogue One ? ? , the rest range from meh (Solo) to OK (Force Awakens) to awful (Rise of Skywalker)

Last Jedi was tentative ?, but was ruined by Rise of Skywalker

what the star wars/lucasfilm team at disney needs is someone like kevin feige and his team at marvel studios

This, all of this.... it shouldn't be so hard to figure out.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's still hard to believe that they went into the sequel trilogy with even a general story arc. Just...how? You have a priceless IP, and you don't bother to even sketch out a story arc when you know you're doing a trilogy? Baffling.

You can forgive them for not having intricate tie-ins between every side movie and TV show, but the key story trilogy? Nope.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads