• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official: STAR WARS THREAD. These are the droids you're looking for. **WARNING MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It really is.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Surprised no one has brought up ond of the biggest sins of this episode. It made the prior episode worse by tossing aside the plot developments it made. I don’t understand why they would spend an episode setting the Hutt twins up to be the big bads only to immediately pull the rug out and take them off the table. It all felt so sloppy.

The flashbacks are proving to be this shows strongest asset. It’s the main plot that’s having trouble coming together.

I will say it was cool seeing the evil Wookiee from the comics make an appearance. If the writers are smart they will bring him back to stick around for the rest of the season.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I will say it was cool seeing the evil Wookiee from the comics make an appearance. If the writers are smart they will bring him back to stick around for the rest of the season.
Totally...
He could be the baby Yoda of this show.

How is it that Pedro Pascal can emote 1000xs better with his helmet on 99% of the time, than Morrison can with his off 99% of the time?
1642348274333.png

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm way behind on this, but I watched The Rise of Skywalker while on the plane.

And, uh, yikes. I can't understand how anyone would have liked that movie.

One of the worst things for me was how they just wrecked any sense of time or distance in the galaxy. They do that stupid "hyperspace hopping" thing during one of the chase scenes, literally covering multiple planets in one chase. Then looking for the wayfinders, they cover multiple planets in less than a day. Then have people from across the Core show up in the course of a single battle. Way to shrink the entire galaxy.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

One of the worst things for me was how they just wrecked any sense of time or distance in the galaxy. They do that stupid "hyperspace hopping" thing during one of the chase scenes, literally covering multiple planets in one chase. Then looking for the wayfinders, they cover multiple planets in less than a day. Then have people from across the Core show up in the course of a single battle. Way to shrink the entire galaxy.
That's what gets you and not the fact that they made TLJ completely irrelevant?

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That's what gets you and not the fact that they made TLJ completely irrelevant?

I should have said, "beyond all the obvious ****".

Like, it's just a catastrophe of a movie. I wouldn't have minded if it undid TLJ so much if it had been done well, but it was..not.

brokencycle

Reaction score

I found the movie entertaining while I watched it, but I didn't like it for so many reasons. The biggest thing though was I liked the idea of Rey being a nobody. It was a good parallel to the original trilogy (particularly the first two) where Luke was just some nobody as far as we knew. The prequels ruined that with the whole mitochondria bit and the sense of fate.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
She was also a stronger role model as a nobody. Rey represented the fact that anyone could be strong in the Force and a hero.

Rise of Skywalker did a retcon and made it about her having come from a special bloodline. Something far less relatable and inclusive.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'd have loved a lightsaber fight that didn't look like they were swinging lead pipes at each other.

RAAAHHHH! EMOTION! RAAH!!!!

brokencycle

Reaction score
The question for Episode 9 is: what happened? They couldn't figure out a script after they killed off bad guy in Episode 8? Were they always building to the Emperor's return? Or was it the see-sawing and pissing match between directors?

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The question for Episode 9 is: what happened? They couldn't figure out a script after they killed off bad guy in Episode 8? Were they always building to the Emperor's return? Or was it the see-sawing and pissing match between directors?

I thought it was obvious. Disney/Lucas Film panicked after the online backlash from TJL. Episode 9 feels like they had interns research these complaints and create a wishlist of what these people wanted. A number of script rewrites later and we got Rise of Skywalker.

In the end ROS was an unfortunate mess. I’d have much rather they let Rian Johnson finish out the trilogy with his vision. Oh well.

Last edited:

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Having watched the first 3 EPs of B-Fett and it feels so lazy. The use of flashbacks is inexplicable, and just doesn't make any sense. If they are using it to dramatize B, why the hell didn't they just do the entire backstory as the first 2-3 episodes? What are they trying to accomplish? It doesn't add any drama because we know everything is just a prop to B taking over as the domino. Seriously, I almost laughed when the group of bikers that B beat the **** out of using the sand peoples training wiped out those "fierce warriors" without any apparent problems.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My wife and I finished the last episode of Station Eleven after episode 3 last night, and there could not be a more stark example of how to use flashbacks to tell an incredible, compelling and powerful story.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Regardless of people's feelings towards BOBF, I do think the focus on Disney+ shows is a good move. Not all the projects will be strong. Mando is a well deserved hit and more is coming down the pipeline.

I'm not sure what the next film project is?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads