• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official: STAR WARS THREAD. These are the droids you're looking for. **WARNING MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, I really want it to be good, but its just not. The actor can't carry the roll. I feel like there is so much they could do with the most feared bounty hunter in the galaxy with a penchant for disintegration. In stead, he is playing captain save a hoe to a bunch of plucky space mods.

He only really works as an anti-hero. Give him a code, fine, but this feels like a full retcon.

Maybe they're doing this as an attempt at character building, but he's also insanely passive. He just sits back and waits for stuff to happen. Then trudges off to Mos Espa to ask for a meeting with Mayor/Hutt/club owner. Like, pull a blaster on someone. Walk through a door without asking. Something.

He's a badass in his flashbacks though!

Reactions: otc

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A bit older than that, my friend. He's 12 and a precocious 12. The other things we are watching right now are the last series of The Expanse, and Umbrella Academy. His favourite film is Knives Out.

I suspect he doesn't like it much because it's not that good...
To be fair, if he is 12 now, that means he was 10 (9?) when the mandalorian started. Ditto for being younger when those other things started.

It's one thing to hang on to the feelings you had about stories you shared with your dad at that point... But now you're getting into pre-teen, not cool to like things, not wanting to relate to parents, etc. age. Obviously I don't know your kid, but seems like a possibility. Be prepared for your kid to not like a whole bunch of ****!

On the other hand...oof. The brightly colored moped gang comes off as pretty lame to me. Especially since you already have an outlaw motorcycle gang with hogified speeder bikes. The bright colors alone are just so I'll fitting in tatooine.

And not in a "look at these badass hot rodders who put in the work to keep their paint jobs shiny in a harsh desert environment with literally 2X the UV damage" kind of way. Just in a cheesy out of place kind of way.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How did Buba, a Mando whose cultural identity is literally combat, not know how to fight with a long stick?

Mando: dramatic scene where he earns and forges his own suit of impenetrable armor

Boba: makes a stick while using sign language.

I had to laugh at the parallels between those two scenes.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Welp that was the first episode of BOBF that I didn’t enjoy. I’ll write up some of my thoughts later. Unfortunately, the package as a whole didn’t work.

Last edited:

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I can't remember the lore... Isn't boba Fett not actually mandalorian, he just wears mandalorian armor?

Obviously he wasn't raised the mandalorian way growing up at the clone factory.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
On the other hand...oof. The brightly colored moped gang comes off as pretty lame to me. Especially since you already have an outlaw motorcycle gang with hogified speeder bikes. The bright colors alone are just so I'll fitting in tatooine.

And not in a "look at these badass hot rodders who put in the work to keep their paint jobs shiny in a harsh desert environment with literally 2X the UV damage" kind of way. Just in a cheesy out of place kind of way.

It’s not that the young cyber punk gang felt out of place on tatoonie. They felt out of place in Star Wars. It was like they walked in from another show or universe. It was all so jarring…

Don’t get me started on the Power Ranger colored Vespas they rode.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Had Star Wars ever showed humans with droid modifications before? I'm not really up on the cartoons so maybe they have? I guess there are the guys with the computer interfaces like Lando's consigliere in Cloud City.

The whole gang thing also just came off as lazy. Boba runs into them, talks for five seconds, and now they're loyal to the death? And they're good enough fighters to go up against a Wookie warrior who just kicked Boba's ass? K.

Also, for a genetically perfect warrior, Boba is sure getting his ass kicked and needing to be rescued a lot.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Also, for a genetically perfect warrior, Boba is sure getting his ass kicked and needing to be rescued a lot.

To be fair the idea that he takes over Jabba's territory and ends up over his head could work.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To be fair, if he is 12 now, that means he was 10 (9?) when the mandalorian started. Ditto for being younger when those other things started.

It's one thing to hang on to the feelings you had about stories you shared with your dad at that point... But now you're getting into pre-teen, not cool to like things, not wanting to relate to parents, etc. age. Obviously I don't know your kid, but seems like a possibility. Be prepared for your kid to not like a whole bunch of ****!

The point of this conversation was that our resident super enthusiast, Jr. Mouse, suggested that my son might be too immature to 'get' BOBF. And my response was to say that this is far from the case, that he's had critical opinions about a whole range of things for a long time. In any case, as I think we're all realising, there's not really much to get about BOBF.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How did Buba, a Mando whose cultural identity is literally combat, not know how to fight with a long stick?
What is it with Star Wars and sticks? Ewoks beat up Storm Troopers with sticks, the blind guy in Rogue One smacked them around with his stick. The armor was obviously made by the lowest bidder.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The point of this conversation was that our resident super enthusiast, Jr. Mouse, suggested that my son might be too immature to 'get' BOBF. And my response was to say that this is far from the case, that he's had critical opinions about a whole range of things for a long time. In any case, as I think we're all realising, there's not really much to get about BOBF.

Sorry what? I had no idea how old your kid is. My nephew is almost 8 and was around 6 when Mando hit. He fell in love with the show because of Baby Yoda. I wasn't trying to "suggest" anything other then a lot of kids grew attached to Mando because of that character. ?‍♂️

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry what? I had no idea how old your kid is. My nephew is almost 8 and was around 6 when Mando hit. He fell in love with the show because of Baby Yoda. I wasn't trying to "suggest" anything other then a lot of kids grew attached to Mando because of that character. ?‍♂️

I'm not having an argument with you about this. It's stupid.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads