• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official: STAR WARS THREAD. These are the droids you're looking for. **WARNING MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think it looks great. I’m someone for my life thought Bobba Fett was the most overrated character in science fiction. Mandalorian managed to change that. This looks to keep the momentum going. Can’t wait.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did anyone watch Visions? A very mixed bag, I thought. There was one that was outstanding (The Duel), and another 3 or 4 that were pretty good (The Village Bride, The Elder, The Ninth Jedi, Akakiri) that really used the Japanese take on things to make something genuinely new. The other were meh, one particularly overly cutesy (T0-B1), and then one absolutely abysmally bad (Tatooine Rhapsody - which left my son and I just boggled as to how it got made).

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did anyone watch Visions? A very mixed bag, I thought. There was one that was outstanding (The Duel), and another 3 or 4 that were pretty good (The Village Bride, The Elder, The Ninth Jedi, Akakiri) that really used the Japanese take on things to make something genuinely new. The other were meh, one particularly overly cutesy (T0-B1), and then one absolutely abysmally bad (Tatooine Rhapsody - which left my son and I just boggled as to how it got made).

I watched most of them, got a bit bored to be honest. Mixed bag for sure

I can't recall exact episodes, but remember liking one or two, then several were very meh.... overall, concur with your assessment.

Did watch the Lego Halloween special with the family and enjoyed it. Honestly the Kylo Ren origin story (IMHO) was better than most aspects of the sequel trilogy.

I am looking forward to seeing what they do with Book of Boba Fett, more Ming-Na Wen is always a good thing....

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agree on all points. The Duel shouldn't have been the first episode, as it unfairly set expectations too high. If I recall, the abysmal Tatooine Rhapsody was the next episode, which made for some serious whiplash.

It'll be interesting to see if season 2 evens up the quality.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agree on all points. The Duel shouldn't have been the first episode, as it unfairly set expectations too high. If I recall, the abysmal Tatooine Rhapsody was the next episode, which made for some serious whiplash.

It'll be interesting to see if season 2 evens up the quality.

There’s going to be a season 2? ?‍♂️

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought I read that somewhere, but some follow up googling tells me I was jumping the gun on that one. Sorry...

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought I read that somewhere, but some follow up googling tells me I was jumping the gun on that one. Sorry...

No worries. I didn’t think it justified a second season. And there’s so much to keep track of….

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just caught this:

I hope delayed is the truth here, and that this project goes forward. Was looking forward to it.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I did too! Great start.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My son liked it but wasn't enthusiastic. Frankly, I found it a bit unengaging. Boba Fett is one of those characters who's actually more intriguing the less you know about them, plus I can't say that either of the leads (or any of the supporting characters so far revealed) are particularly charismatic actors capable of carrying an entire series. So first impressions are that it seems far less interesting than The Mandalorian, but I'm prepared to give it a shot and see how it develops.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads