• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official: STAR WARS THREAD. These are the droids you're looking for. **WARNING MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Interesting that this thread, like the franchise, is still going. My interests is gone. In retrospect, the sequel trilogy was worse than I thought at the time (Episode 7 was the best of them, 8 was interesting but with huge flaws and 9 was idiotic bordering on horrible). Mandalorian was mostly excellent, though I feel like I have had my fill. From here on, anything new would have to stand on its own and isn't going to come to me with much of a halo effect.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I liked The Mandolorian when it was more of an episodic space Lone Ranger. Once it started going into the extensive Star Wars mythology, I started losing interest. As I think I said earlier, I'm not interested in doing homework to figure out what's going on. It's a big universe; not everything has to tie in with all the previous stuff.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
This is a conversation that has been had several times in this thread. The sequel trilogy was good with the exception of Rise of Skywalker which felt like a giant apology from Lucas Films to all the whiny fanboys who hated TLJ. I started to lose interest not because of the content Disney/Lucas was putting out, but because of how toxic the fanbase got. It was no longer fun to be a Star Wars fan.

I'm thankful that some of the toxicity has started to die down because The Mandolorian is excellent and I am looking forward to the future Disney+ projects they have in the works.

Last edited:

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm still a semi-Star Wars geek.
Found this print series online, and immediately ordered it.
1617209373612.png

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This is a conversation that has been had several times in this thread. The sequel trilogy was good with the exception of Rise of Skywalker which felt like a giant apology from Lucas Films to all the whiny fanboys who hated TLJ. I started to lose interest not because of the content Disney/Lucas was putting out, but because of how toxic the fanbase got. It was no longer fun to be a Star Wars fan.

I'm thankful that some of the toxicity has started to die down because The Mandolorian is excellent and I am looking forward to the future Disney+ projects they have in the works.

Trek fandom is getting that way too.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Oh Yeah!

Only character I recognize from the Clone Wars is echo - are the rest new?

Heard Ming-Na Wen's voice - must be reprising the role she had in the mandalorian

The Bad Batch were featured in the last season of The Clone Wars series, so, no, they are not new for this series. They are relatively new to SW lore, since CW final season just came out in 2020.

Ming-Na Wen is clearly visible as Fennec Shand in the trailer, so yes, she is reprising her role from Mandalorian.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The Bad Batch were featured in the last season of The Clone Wars series, so, no, they are not new for this series. They are relatively new to SW lore, since CW final season just came out in 2020.
Okay- I’ve only seen up to S4 of Clone Wars, makes sense.

wklq76a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For whatever reason, I wasn't clued into the fan or critical response to the sequel trilogy, so watched the whole thing as it unfolded without any real expectations.

I thought they were fine. I enjoyed them. Maybe 7-7.5/10 overall. They surely didn't make sense all of the time, but it's sci-fi, and I don't expect that. To me, they were executed a lot more cleanly than the prequel trilogy and its horrific dialogue and acting -- andI also enjoyed that trilogy. The battles and special effects in the sequels were on point.

Only recently did I read about all the toxic hubbub surrounding it. Personally, I actually really appreciated that they made the protagonist a woman and didn't hammer that fact over your head. But reading some of the discourse after the fact around SJW and "ruining the franchise" was kind of disappointing and melodramatic to me.

But what do I know. I also enjoy the DCEU movies.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yes. That is because it is more interesting than the content.

Luckily there is a wealth of content these days to latch onto. If you aren't feeling Star Wars, I'm sure there are other properties you may enjoy and discuss with like-minded fans.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
No one’s bullying or trying to force you to like anything. You made a snarky comment in reply to me when I said I’ve enjoyed most of the recent content and I replied back it sounds like it might no longer be your thing. If you can’t take that level of feedback in a discussion then I don’t know what to tell you. ?‍♂️

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads