• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official: STAR WARS THREAD. These are the droids you're looking for. **WARNING MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was not happy with the Rosario Dawson casting when I read it, and her acting was fine, but I'm still not thrilled.
I wanted someone more petit and hot.
Rooney Mara would have been perfect.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Eh...
I guess Dawson would be a Texas 7.
She has a mouth that could engulf a bowling ball.
And man hands. I'm sure of it.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I thought Dawson did a fine job. I also don’t get worked up on how hot the actress playing a space alien is or not. :wink:

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was not happy with the Rosario Dawson casting when I read it, and her acting was fine, but I'm still not thrilled.

Casting someone because they were "petite and hot" would have been the worst way to go. The Clone Wars was a slylized animation - all the characters were impossibly proportioned. Rosario Dawson has the right kind of combination of voice, looks and demeanor for this role, and she definitely reads as gay too - which was strongly suggested in The Clone Wars; the fight with the Magistrate had a certain something to it in that regard. She's more serious, which matches the tone of The Mandalorian, but she has a nice line in slightly arch irony in dealing with Mando's macho misunderstandings about things (as we are increasingly discovering, he doesn't actually know an awful lot about life outside of his bubble, even about his own kind). And her fighting style looks good. It's all a bit more brutal and less fancy in The Mandalorian, but we still get some of the impossible leaps and force-accentuated athleticism of The Clone Wars jedi fights, with the addition of a seemingly newly developed ability to ghost, which was pretty interesting. Altogether, I am not sure that they could have made a better choice, and while I'd like to see her back in The Mandalorain frankly, I'd be delighted if there was a stand-alone Ahsoka Tano series next. She is the best Star Wars character not from the films... well, except for the other one who was also mentioned in this episode.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Disagree...
Rooney in Girl With the Dragon Tattoo was petit, hot, and a complete badass.
I want it all.

( the fight with Mando was extremely well done though )

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm only 3-4 eps into it, but it's pretty good. I'm just not pumped for 40 hours of backstory.
Anyone know if this is legit or if it skips too much? My only concern is that it is old so stuff that seemed unimportant then is now more relevant due to Mando.

E5PCiPV.jpeg

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Eh. I’m not going to watch Clone Wars. It’s prequel heavy by nature and I don’t have any desire to become invested in it. Mando can have references I won’t fully understand without googling them. I’ll live. ?‍♂️

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, that was the most kung-fu episode so far, with setting and storyline straight out of a Chinese historical epic. Plus Ahsoka Tano, who finally gets a live appearance played beautifully by Rosario Dawson, and even a mention of another character that will set real Star Wars fans' pulses racing. Oh, and we find out The Child's name and a bit of his past...

Even I know who Ole Blue Red Eyes was/is

Last edited:

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Rooney Mara is petite but she is not hot. I repeat, she is not hot. The only thing hot about Rooney is her inheritance

Rosario however has always been hot and will forever be hot. She can be glamorous hot as well as gritty hot

Disagree...
Rooney in Girl With the Dragon Tattoo was petit, hot, and a complete badass.
I want it all.

Rooney's performance couldn't hold a candle to Noomi Rapace's character and that is why she was replaced

Last edited:

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rooney Mara is petite but she is not hot. I repeat, she is not hot. The only thing hot about Rooney is her inheritance

Rosario however has always been hot and will forever be hot. She can be glamorous hot as well as gritty hot

Rooney's performance couldn't hold a candle to Noomi Rapace's character and that is why she was replaced
Rump, you ignorant slut...

Rosario Dawson is RuPaul with better breasts.
Rooney not being brought back is tied to Fincher not directing. Daniel Craig was replaced too.Their mistake.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads