• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official: STAR WARS THREAD. These are the droids you're looking for. **WARNING MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There was a bit of a scuffle between our hero and another Mando (during the undergound meeting), because he accepted the Beskar from Werner Herzog, Beskar being originally from Mandalor, and likely plundered by the Empir. But that was resolved before the armorer made Mando’s new suit.
I have no idea wtf you just said. I’m just gonna nod my head in agreement.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Clearly I would have failed the final exam.

No judgment here. Just love talking about SW, and this seems to be the thread to do it.

I don’t think you have to rewatch S1 before S2, they’ll likely do a “previously on” to hit the main points….

Having said that, I think The Madalorian is the best new SW in a loonng time, so a rewatch is encouraged.

I have no idea wtf you just said. I’m just gonna nod my head in agreement.

Talking about some plot points in season 1 of The Madalorian.

If you care:

Beskar, rare metal originally mined on Mandalor, used to make Madalorian amour and weapons.

Werner Herzog, actor, played a character just called The Client, in Madalorian season 1. He hired the main character and paid him with Beskar. Main character then took the raw metal to an armorer who made him a new suit of armor from said Beskar

You’re in a SW thread, so I hope you know who the Empire is/was…..

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You’re in a SW thread, so I hope you know who the Empire is/was…..
Of course I know who the Empire is.

It's the Dominion controlled by shapeshifters called the Founders who have an army of genetically engineered soldiers called the Jem'Hadar who take ketracel white administered by the Vorta. Eventually the Cardassian Empire joined the Dominion but rebelled under Gul Damar due to their treatment under the Founders.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's the Dominion controlled by shapeshifters called the Founders who have an army of genetically engineered soldiers called the Jem'Hadar who take ketracel white administered by the Vorta. Eventually the Cardassian Empire joined the Dominion but rebelled under Gul Damar due to their treatment under the Founders.
And all of this happened in the basement of Comet Ping Pong...

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I thought the Vorcha usually worked as mercenaries in the Blood Pack after being trained by the Krogan?

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Too bad Deep Space 9 ended up being nothing more then a poor man’s Babylon 5.

:stirpot:

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The burn is deep...
Babylon 5 was so good.

One of my all time favorites. Need to dig out my DVD’s and watch it again. :slayer:

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One of my all time favorites. Need to dig out my DVD’s and watch it again. :slayer:
Just skip all of season 5 apart from the last episode ;)

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You wish. Everyone knows DS9 is better than B5 and is the best ST series.

whattt.jpg

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You wish. Everyone knows DS9 is better than B5 and is the best ST series.

TNG wins. Followed by the original series.

Just skip all of season 5 apart from the last episode ;)

Season 5 wasn't the strongest, I'll give you that. Seasons 2-4 are some of the best space sci-fi ever shown on TV. It's too bad they never developed a spin-off that was worth a damn. The universe is full of potential for new material.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Good watch and argument that the lack of an overall plan wasn't the problem with Rise of Skywalker.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Too bad Deep Space 9 ended up being nothing more then a poor man’s Babylon 5.

:stirpot:

More like a rich man's B5 lol. I seriously tried to get into it, but I just couldn't. I normally don't care about effects but B5's was just so bad it was distracting.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
More like a rich man's B5 lol. I seriously tried to get into it, but I just couldn't. I normally don't care about effects but B5's was just so bad it was distracting.

The special effects were almost all digital and fairly innovative for a TV show at the time. It's like watching Reboot now without adding any context for the timeframe it was released.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads